Chapter Two: The Artist

*Hey all! I'm typing with one finger on my right hand, so if you see errors, I'm sorry!

Taehyung did as he promised and ran. His heart racing with both adrenaline and fear, he only stops once the sounds of bars and clubs are far behind him. In the dark and cold, he sighs, looking around an empty park. He knows he shouldn't be here; he needs to leave and find his artist. Somehow...

A hand, rough, and calloused grabs his arm, dragging him around an oak. Taehyung yelps as his back hits the rough bark, and then that hand covers his mouth. The scent of paint thinner and oils wafts off the long, demanding, fingers on his lips, and Taehyung's eyes widen. The artist. He squints into the darkness, staring at the artist's face. He's surprised to see a scowl on his lips, eyes darker than the night around them, and shaggy black hair falling into the man's face. Taehyung wants to brush those locks away, and he wants to hide from the stare looking into his soul. He wants both and yet he does neither. He just looks up at the man holding him against the tree.

"Why are you here?" the man hisses, his hard muscular body pressed quite close to Tae's willowy one, "Who are you to walk into my business?" he continues, and Taehyung's bright blue eyes widen in shock. He thought he was alone in the park. How could he not tell danger lurked in the dark? He goes to open his mouth, but the hand doesn't move. Irked, Taehyung yanks the arm away.

"I just got lost...I didn't mean to disturb you," he says, doubting immediately that this is THE artist. There could be hundreds of artists in Seoul. This annoying, dangerous, punk is not—

His thoughts falter when the two hear noises, and suddenly the man drags Taehyung away, running with him in the dark until they reach a bridge. He shoves Taehyung beneath it before following. Taehyung is about to complain when the man pulls him against his chest, his heart beating loudly in his chest. At first he's afraid, then he realizes the man is putting his back to the shadows, hiding Taehyung's white, ethereal, body.

He's...he's hiding me...he wants me safe...? Taehyung thinks as he stares up at the man and he stares down at him. He seems just as confused by his actions as Taehyung is...

"Does your jacket have a hood or something? Your hair is too bright..." the artist whispers, and in the dark, Taehyung conjures a hood, pulling it up as the artist's breath warms his cheeks. He flashes a cute, almost innocent, smile at Tae, keeping silent until he knows they're safe. He yanks Taehyung to his feet with surprisingly strong arms and his lips returning to their usual scowl.

"So...you got lost? You're not from around here, are you?" the artist asks, and Taehyung shakes his head.

"No, and I am really sorry if I caused you any trouble," Taehyung nervously says. Something about this artist captures his attention, drawing his gaze from his handsome face down his muscular body to the floor where the two of them stand in litter.

"What's your name?" he questions, and Taehyung looks back up at him.

"What?"

"Your name. What is it?" the artist repeats, and Taehyung sees a flash of annoyance in his gaze. He doesn't want the man mad at him. He needs the opposite. He needs to befriend him, get him to believe that the Fae does exist, but in a way that isn't going to shock him or have Taehyung end up as a science experiment.

"Um...Kim Taehyung," he says, his real name ringing out around him. As that happens, the man smirks softly, extending his rough hands in a handshake.

"Jeon Jungkook," he replies, and Taehyung can feel his heart pounding loudly in his chest. This is the artist. He finally found him. Taehyung shakes the man's hand as he's seen humans do, the touch lingering a bit longer than he thought it would. A spark travels up his arms, alighting his face with a bright blush that causes Jungkook's smirk to widen, "Cute..."