Chapter Fifteen: Eternal Sleep

Guys...I am one chapter away from the end of this book. I am so excited to share it with you! Get ready for frequent updates!!

...

Jungkook wakes the next morning, heart happily pounding in his chest as he catches sight of purple hair and pearl white wings. He strokes a hand over Taehyung's shoulder, the warm skin silky smooth to his touch.

"Good morning, love," Jungkook purrs, his voice raspy first thing in the morning. He looks over and notices something abnormal. Taehyung's wings are limp. From what he's gathered, they always move or stay curled around him in his sleep. Taehyung's arm lies heavily on Jungkook's body, and when he nudges it, there is no movement, "Taehyung? Tae...TAE!" Jungkook starts to panic. The fairy won't wake up and his body is limp. He checks for a pulse, thanking every deity out there when he feels one. It is slow and faint, but it is still there. His heart is still beating. Jungkook slides out from under the unconscious fairy, resting him on his back before getting dressed. He grabs his phone and quickly calls Suga as he throws a pair of shorts on Taehyung as well. The fairy wouldn't want anyone else to see him naked.

"Hello?" Suga groggily answers the call. He only fell asleep three hours ago when dawn rose in the sky, and now, he's being woken by a phone call. He didn't check the ID; he almost doesn't care.

"Suga, it's me. Taehyung isn't waking up. I don't know what's going on, but he's...it's like he's dead. He has a pulse, thankfully, but I don't know what to fucking do!" Jungkook rapidly says into the phone, trying desperately to calm his panic. It isn't working. Suga sits bolt upright in his bed, throwing the covers off as his own blood fills with fear.

"I'm on my way. Make sure he's comfortable. I will be right there!" he cries, stumbling into sweatpants and a baggy hoodie as he hangs up with Jungkook and calls Hoseok.

"Suga, what's wrong? You are never up this early," Hoseok says as soon as he answers the phone, music blaring in the background, and Suga knows he interrupted Hoseok's morning workout.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I need you to get over to Jungkook's. That fairy, Taehyung, that we met a few weeks back...yeah he's in trouble. Please hurry. Something might happen to Jungkook,"

"I'm on my way," Hoseok growls, hanging up the phone as he dries his forehead and grabs his car keys. He's worked too hard for something to happen to Jungkook now. He's too important to lose now.

...

The knock at the door reveals his two friends: Suga and Hoseok. Jungkook's grateful to see the former, but surprised to see the latter, yet the look in his eyes and power portrayed in his limbs tells him everything he needs to know.

"You're Fae too...aren't you?" Jungkook asks, and Hoseok hesitates in the foyer.

"I was going to tell you one day..." Hoseok admits, nervously running his hand through his hair. Jungkook just sighs, leading the two up the stairs to his bedroom.

"We'll talk about this later. Right now, we have no time. Taehyung—"

"That's why I called Hoseok. He's a Protector fairy. He may know what happened and how to get him out," Suga says, leading the way into the bedroom with Jungkook and Hoseok on his heels.

"Protector fairy? Like fairy godmothers?" Jungkook retorts, enjoying the scowl on Hoseok's face. Is he bitter finding out that his two best friends have been hiding their true identities from him? Why yes. Yes, he is.

"Do I really look like a little old lady in a bonnet?" Hoseok grumbles and Suga elbows him.

"You know some of you guys are little old ladies, so be nice," Suga growls, way too tired to put up with this shit. Jungkook turns on the light in the bedroom, and there amongst crumpled sheets lies Taehyung. The fairy's wings are dull, the silver spirals no longer moving or roaming around the delicate wings. His eyes won't open, once lively lips won't smile, and his skin has faded to an ashy grey. Jungkook runs over to him, fingers on his neck as his heart still beats beneath his touch. He drops to his knees in relief, eyes level with Taehyung's dull, sleeping, face.

"Fuck," Hoseok mumbles, staring over Taehyung's body with concern. He's never seen this; he's never seen a Fae shut down into this immobile thing, "This is not the Taehyung I know..."

"What happened before he became like this?" Suga asks, eyes wandering over every inch of Taehyung's skin, analyzing any foreign marks or wounds that may explain it. Mostly, he just sees hickeys... "I see you two have been busy," he adds with a cock of a brow, dark eyes flashing protectively.

"If you think I had something to do with this, then you are wrong," Jungkook growls defensively, "I would never hurt Taehyung. I told you that,"

"Jungkook. What is this paint?" Hoseok asks, drawing the two from what could be a dangerous fight. He warned Jungkook long ago not to mess with a sleepy Suga and picking a fight with him will only inhibit them from helping Taehyung. Jungkook looks down at Taehyung's leg, the once-painted masterpiece now smeared to an unrecognizable blob of purples, blues, and white.

"It was a painting, but we kinda smeared it," he replies before his eyes narrow. There, amongst the faded and warped Milky Way, Jungkook sees a symbol written into the paint, "Wait...I didn't do that..." he whispers and both Hoseok and Suga kneel down to see what he's talking about. Once they see the archaic symbol, Suga curses loudly and in about forty different languages—both Fae and mortal—before Hoseok puts a hand on his shoulder, interrupting the tangent.

"Care to let us in on what has you so upset?" Hoseok asks, and Suga gestures to the mark.

"That mark...that is a curse. It is the mark of Eternal Sleep. Whoever has it bestowed upon them is dragged into a separate realm...a sleep realm...and they don't ever wake..."