Chapter Twenty: Darkness in My Heart

You see now why I became this way?

But he loved you.

He abandoned me.

How could he fight Fate?

That was my crown! My love! He stole it from me! He abandoned me!

You never gave him a choice.

Taehyung feels like arguing with Chaos is pointless. Here he is—trapped in a pitch black cell—with wings pinned to the walls. He can't move an inch or the iron spikes in his wings will tear the fragile things even more. He's tired. The pain in his body has receded to a dull, throbbing, ache that reaches every crevice of his body.

"Just come out already! I don't want to argue in my head anymore!" Taehyung shouts, his raspy voice filling the darkness around him.

I'm waiting.

"For what?!" Taehyung snarls, impatient with whoever they are waiting for.

For him.

"King Jin won't come for me. I am nothing to him..."

Oh, I know. Chaos' cold voice spits in his mind, You are just a V. And yet you tried to purify my host.

"Your...host...you mean Namjoon?! I separated you two, didn't I?! Didn't I?!" Taehyung screams into the darkness, watching as it moves and morphs like thick, inky, fog. And there—in the corner—he sees Namjoon's limp frame. The body isn't moving, and yet he can still hear that voice in his head. Still feel the condescending eyes boring down around him. Chaos—or that devious entity that is Chaos—no longer can feed off of Namjoon.

"How did you come about claiming him anyways...? I didn't see that part..." Taehyung asks, leaning his head back against the rock wall, wincing as his wings readjust.

He had no heart. The Fate weren't lying about that. Those two fools fell so deep in love, Namjoon magically shared his heart with Jin. They were bound by that love. That bind was broken when Jin was gifted the throne.

"He couldn't have known. He was innocent in all of this!"

No one in this world is innocent.

"I am," Taehyung snaps, determination in his veins. He isn't lying. He is innocent in all of this. The only thing he's ever done was agree to help Jin. Suddenly, the darkness starts to solidify, turning into a jelly-like goo that slowly drops from the air to a puddle on the stone floor in front of Taehyung, "Ew..."

Oh, I know all about your innocence, little V. About how you were never let out of your marsh before Jin entrusted you to Jungkook. I bet you never planned on falling in love with that human, Chaos snarls sarcastically as the blob moves and morphs as if it is alive, I know all about those sweet, innocent, things, you did with that mortal boy.

Flashes of memories flow through Taehyung's mind. Memories of Jungkook's touches, kisses, and caresses. Taehyung blushes lightly as he remembers the nights they spent together, how Jungkook filled him so completely. The blob begins to move again, morphing into the form of a curved back, a dark mop of shaggy hair, long limbs, and a broad, chiseled torso. Taehyung stares in horror as Chaos turns into Jungkook, right down to the scar on his cheek and the piercing black eyes.

"This is the only creature that can turn you dark. The only form that steals your innocence as if it means nothing anymore," The Daemon sneers, his voice coming out of Jungkook's lips. Usually, that mouth would fill Taehyung with glee, but now it brings fear and anxiety to his veins.