Chapter Sixteen: Jimin

Taehyung wanted to run, to scream, to hide. He wanted to hide from the moonless sky, from the black sand beneath his feet, from the inky waves lapping at the shore. By every definition, Taehyung is sitting upon a beach, yet he does not know what beach is pitch black from top to bottom, and the lack of the moon has him shivering in the darkness. Cold wind blows around him as he mopes, lost in thoughts of doubt and insecurities and fears. He doesn't know why he's here or where Jungkook is. Last he remembers is Jungkook kissing him to sleep, words of love on his lips. Tears prickle at his lavender eyes and he wipes them away, the tears turning to black on his skin. He watches in horror, wiping another one before it morphs and melts into an obsidian black liquid that almost feels like paint. With a whimper, he wraps his arms around his knees, pulling them against his chest as he rests his chin on his tan legs. At least he came to this realm clothed in a hoodie and cotton shorts. He can see remnants of paint on his calf, but only in one particular spot, and in one particular symbol. He doesn't remember that getting there, yet when he tries to rub it off, the mark burns his palm.

"Hey, TaeTae, why so alone?" a high-pitched voice sneers and Taehyung instantly lurches to his feet, spinning around to come face to face with Jimin. The Daemon that is after Suga's soul. He isn't very tall, standing a few inches shorter than Taehyung, yet the fire in his eyes and victorious smirk on his lips has the V fairy withering into himself, his confidence already taking a turn from the pitch-black world around him.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung hesitantly asks while Jimin playfully shrugs.

"You looked lonely,"

"You brought me here...didn't you...?" Taehyung questions though he knows it to be the truth. The gaze in Jimin's eye confirms it, "Where are we?"

"The Realm of Eternal Sleep. You're never escaping it," Jimin chimes, smiling a wide wicked smile, "Which means you can't protect my Suga anymore,"

"What did he ever do to you?! Why do you keep trying to kill him?!" Taehyung shouts, and it is in that moment Taehyung sees something more in Jimin's eyes besides bloodthirsty murder. He sees a flash of concern in the form of piercing blue before it disappears and his eyes melt back to black.

"Oh, honey, I don't want him dead!" Jimin laughs crazily and Taehyung's brow furrows.

"But—"

"I need Suga alive, but dark," Jimin casually says as if he isn't talking about turning his ex-lover into a demonic beast, "I need him to be a Daemon with me, but you—you stupid little nuisance—keep healing him. I don't know how, but you do. So now we're here,"

"Just leave me alone...leave Suga alone..." Taehyung whimpers as Jimin suddenly circles him, eyeing him up and down and coming to the conclusion that this fairy—this V—is pathetic. How he—of all creatures—can stop Suga from going dark is beyond him. Suddenly, a wicked thought pops into his head, a wicked whisper tickles his ears and that evil smile creeps across his lips again.

"Then again...I bet if I turn you dark, you won't ever be able to stop me. You'll be an asset to Chaos. One he surely could use right now," Taehyung's blood freezes as Jimin licks his lips, stepping towards Taehyung slowly. Instinctively, Taehyung runs away, his feet sinking into the black sand as his heart pounds loudly in his ears. He can't turn into a Daemon! He just can't fail Jin! He doesn't want to lose everything because of one sadistic bastard. He doesn't want to lose his chance at happiness with Jungkook.

Suddenly Taehyung is slammed into the ground, struggling to turn over, to get the Daemon away from him. He takes a fistful of sand, yet Jimin forces his hand open, yanking his wrists together above Taehyung's head.