Chapter Nineteen: Betrayal of a King

*Slight smut warning*

It is dark. Again, Taehyung feels like he is drowning, his lungs filling up with black liquid as he screams. Or tries to scream. The pain filling him is horrifying. From fingertips to toes, his body is pricked and shocked with thousands of needle-point electric shocks. He can't cry, he can't scream; he can only swallow in mouthfuls of the darkness and writhe in pain.

Suddenly, the darkness in front of him clears and an image appears in front of him like a TV screen. In it, a tall, blond, hair boy looks through a book, his fingers warily turning the pages though it doesn't look like he's reading a word. Thin feathered wings flutter behind him, and he keeps glancing towards the door before flipping to another page. After a few minutes, the boy sighs, stands up and goes to put the book back on the shelf. His body is clad in the regal wear of nobles, the only difference being his navy blue wings. Taehyung can't understand who this man is. He's never seen him before, but then again, the regals never offered for him to visit the castle often.

A door at the back of the library bursts open and in runs Jin; well a young version of Jin dressed in a plain cotton shirt and thin breeches. His wings vibrate behind him as he hurries up several flights of stairs until he is face to face with the blond noble.

"You know..." the tall boy speaks, his sharp gazing turning to face Jin, "It is very rude to keep the prince waiting. I am a busy guy,"

"I'm sorry, Namjoonie," Jin murmurs, fighting to catch his breath as a smile creeps on his face, "But I'm here now, right? I had a hard time escaping the fields," Taehyung can't believe what he is hearing. Namjoon—or Chaos—was the prince of the Fae?! And Jin was in the fields?! That doesn't make sense! Fields are for Nature or Elemental fairies. Not royalty. And yet the clothing fits. The mud on Jin's feet and trousers fit. And the royal emblem glowing brightly on Namjoon's chest fits with everything he just heard. He still can't believe it. But there is a reason he's watching these memories, witnessing this moment where everything he has come to know is a lie. Jin did say Chaos has been hunting Fae for thousands of years. Taehyung is barely a century old. There is much he doesn't understand. That is why he has to witness this...right?

"I understand, Jin...I will always wait for you..." Namjoon whispers, his elegant hand coming up to caress Jin's cheek before wrapping around to the back of his neck. A soft whimper escapes Jin as he is pulled into Namjoon's embrace, lips meeting each other in a desperate kiss in this forbidden place. Fairies of different classes aren't meant to mingle. They aren't meant to speak or interact or even brush wings. And yet here is the prince with a simple Farming Fae, their lips and hands entwined as Namjoon pushes Jin against the bookshelf, passion and desperation filling this small corner of the library.

"Namjoon..." Jin gasps as the fairy prince kisses down his neck, licking and nipping at the sunburnt skin, "Don't...I'm too sweaty..."

"No such thing. I love tasting the sun on your skin. And feeling the warmth through your body," Namjoon's hands run up Jin's arms, stroking gentle skin everywhere he touches.

"They still won't let you out of the castle?" Jin asks, burying his fingers in Namjoon's silky blond hair, clinging to him as the prince kisses lower and lower, nipping Jin's collarbone as his hands roam down his back to the button on his breeches.

"No. That's why I asked you here..." Namjoon simply says before bringing his lips to Jin's once more. Taehyung feels like he's intruding. Like he shouldn't be witnessing these lovers in action, and yet he can't look away. He is forced to watch. Forced to see Namjoon tease and please Jin with lips and hands, going to his knees to take his lover into his mouth while Jin squirms above him. The whimpers and gasps that leave Jin's lips are swallowed up by the darkness as Namjoon transports them elsewhere. The black consumes Taehyung once again before another memory floats to the surface. This time, they are in the royal stables, Jin taking care of a newborn foal while Namjoon sits on the gate next to him.