Chapter Thirteen: His Universe

(Hey guys! Sorry it took me so long to get to this story. I've been crazy busy. So with that said, I hope you enjoy this longer--very fluffy--chapter!)

Taehyung can't sleep. He keeps seeing Jin's tired face in his mind and hearing his words: Chaos has been taking its toll. Taehyung has done everything he can to help Suga and keep him stable, but sometimes it doesn't feel like he's doing enough. Like he should be doing more. With a sigh, Taehyung wanders into the kitchen for a cup of chamomile tea, yet he notices Jungkook sitting at his easel, working diligently on a painting. It is in the moonlight that Taehyung notices how the brush moves on the canvas, gliding and striking with a mix of gentle strokes and vigorous splatters. Jungkook's face is twisted in concentration, his eyes focusing solely on the craft at hand, and on nothing else in the room. Taehyung sneaks behind the artist, curious as to what he's painting so vividly. Hot, crimson, blood rushes to his cheeks when he realizes it is him. His hair is the platinum color it was when Jungkook started the painting, yet he's added to it beautiful white wings, and tender details that make Taehyung look ethereal and not really like the crazy awkward Fae that he truly is.

"Wow..." Taehyung's gasp of adoration startles Jungkook, and he jumps from his stool. He turns to look at Taehyung, instantly relaxing when he realizes it is just his lover, "I don't look this good, Jungkook..." Taehyung adds, gesturing to the painting with his chin as Jungkook wraps his hands around Taehyung.

"I beg to differ. As they say: beauty is in the eye of the beholder," Jungkook teases, kissing Taehyung's blushing cheeks.

"You...you're too sweet. But why are you awake? I thought you would've been asleep hours ago..."

"Nah, I had too much inspiration for this, so I decided to paint instead," Jungkook says with a smile, pulling Taehyung onto his lap as he sets the paintbrush down, "Why are you awake though?"

"...worried..." Taehyung mumbles, his fingers playing with the hem of his baggy shirt. Jungkook sighs, and adjusts their position so Taehyung is straddling him, bare legs on either side of Jungkook's waist. Taehyung holds onto Jungkook's neck, blushing brighter when Jungkook kisses him over and over again.

"Worried about the king?" Jungkook asks, and Taehyung nods.

"That and Chaos...it's a really big deal, Jungkook, and if we don't stop him, he'll destroy all the Fae and the human world will be affected as well. Fairies stabilize darkness and light on the mortal world. Without us...humans wouldn't stand a chance against the darkness in their hearts,"

"Ouch...you know I'm human, too," Jungkook whines, and Taehyung giggles softly.

"Yes, and just like other humans, you've experienced darkness. Your past..." Taehyung points out sheepishly. He doesn't want Jungkook to think he's insulting him, but it is true. Jungkook spent a good portion of his life lost because of his past and his family.

"You aren't wrong..." Jungkook sighs, kissing Taehyung's forehead as his rough paint-stained hands grip his thighs tightly, "What do you think we can do though...? You're right. I'm just a human. You are the powerful one here..." It is in these late hours that Jungkook will admit his weakness. That he is a mere mortal while everyone around him is magical. Doesn't really bode well in the grand scheme of things... Taehyung frowns, hating how doubtful Jungkook is in himself even though Taehyung does worry. He grabs Jungkook's face, forcing him to stare into Taehyung's piercing lavender eyes. Jungkook cocks a brow at Taehyung's serious scowl, surprised to see such a face on his lover.

"Jungkook. You are so much stronger than you think. Don't doubt yourself. If the Fates say you are important, then you are bloody important. Please believe me," Taehyung says, his deep voice burning with determination and his words consuming Jungkook. The boy tightens his grip on Taehyung's thighs, pulling him closer as a smile crosses his lips.