eighteenth birthday | 4

Chapter 4:
Eighteenth birthday

"It was the first time, he hurt you bad and you cried"
-Why Don't We (Hard)

Caleb grinned widely as he watched his best friend blow out his two candles that had the numbers one and eight, representing the age he would be turning that day. Jack's now curly hair fell over one eye as raised a hand to push it out of his vision. He then turned his attention towards Caleb who sat beside him, aimlessly admiring him. Jack was oblivious to the loving stare and just gave a large smile, his hazel eyes twinkling in the light. Not too many people had attended the surprise party that was thrown, but Jack didn't mind. The people he cared about the most was with him.

And the thought of having the best people currently at his side with him, made Jack wonder where Daniel had been for the past few minutes. The brunette who Jack could call his boyfriend, had explained he was going to be right back before slipping away in the lovely crowd of friends and family. Jack didn't think too much about it, until now where everyone was supposed to be wishing him the best birthday. Daniel was nowhere to be seen.

Jack excused himself, standing from his seat in front of a large cake, before squirming past the crowd and out of the room completely. He looked around in different rooms, hoping to spot his boyfriend somewhere. Eventually Jack made his way towards the backyard, pushing the sliding glass door open and stepping out. And once he flicked his head to the left, he was hurt by the scene. There Daniel was, sitting on Jonah's lap, practically sucking his face off.

Jack allowed a small gasp to escape, causing the two to break apart and look at Jack in horror. Never did Daniel plan on getting caught.

"Jack, baby..." Daniel managed out. But that was as far as he had gotten, before Jack was running back inside. Jack made it through a few rooms, finally running into Caleb.

"Z-Zion!" Jack muttered as he quickly engulfed the much taller best friend into a hug. Caleb (who actually preferred to be called by his middle name) just stared down at a sulking Jack in worry.

"What happened, Jacky?" Zion asks, rubbing at his back and guiding the two towards an empty room where they knew they could have privacy.

"Daniel cheated on me."