end of the month | 13

Chapter 13:
End of the month

"Guilty of breaking your heart"
-Why Don't We (Words I Didn't Say)

Zion walked into school approaching his locker and being met with an upset looking Jack. He just rolled his eyes as he switched directions and decided to head to his first class. Jack frowned at his actions and immediately decided to run and catch up with him. Jack grabbed hold of Zion's wrist, making the older snatch his arm back as if Jack's touch burned him. Zion wanted nothing to do with Jack any more. The curly haired male refused to listen to him and now Zion was sick of it.

"Hey, baby" The voice of Edwin was then heard as he approached both Jack and Zion. The scowl that was on Zion's face had turned into a bright smile. He leaned down to give Edwin a small peck on the lips. The sight sickened Jack. He felt as if he was going to throw up.

"Oh my God" Jack gagged as he turned away, holding his mouth and dashing through the other students that crowded the halls. And when he made it to the men's restroom, Jack immediately ran towards a stall and released the contents within his stomach. It didn't feel too great, making Jack believe he deserved it.

Tears fell down his face as he hurled all of the previous food from his small breakfast. And when he was done, he just leaned against the stall wall, body limp and weak. He wasn't feeling the best all month. From Zion hating him and Daniel's constant pleads of them getting back together, it was really beginning to take a toll on him. He slept less. He ate less. He wasn't who he was before and was hoping someone would just come and save him.

Scratch that. He was hoping Zion would come and save him.

And it seems his dreams finally decided to come true as Zion came bursting into the bathroom, falling down beside him. They say in silence, Jack allowing his head to fall and rest on top of Zion's shoulder. He was exhausted.

"I'm sorry" Jack mumbled.

"I know."