the next day | 9

Chapter 9:
The next day

"So when you show up, gonna put this time to use"
-PRETTYMUCH (10,000 Hours)

Zion was the first one to wake the next day. He felt a weight holding his body hostage to his bed. And as he tilted his head to try and see who it was, the older seen that it was just Jack. He was practically laying on top of him, curls all over, as his lips were slightly parted to allow snores to escape. Zion simply rolled his eyes as he pushed the other off and to the other side of the bed. Jack groaned in annoyance as he pulled all the covers with him, curling into a ball. Zion snickered as he finally sat up and rubbed at his face. He could feel Jack once more get close and wrap his arms around Zion, snuggling close.

"No. Get off" Zion complained. He tried to get Jack to release but the other just kept a firm grip, moving so he was now curled up in Zion's lap. Jack giggled, finally fluttering his eyes open so they were looking at each other.

"Why don't you want to cuddle with me, Caleb?" Jack asked with a pout. Zion clicked his tongue, not used to hearing his actual name unless it was a serious matter.

"Because you keep me hostage all day when we cuddle, Jack" Zion replied. Jack sat up, now looking to be straddling the older. His arms were wrapped around Zion's neck, faces close. Zion felt his breath hitch as seen how close they've gotten. His eyes were trained on Jack's before they flicked down towards his lips. And it was a mutual feeling as Jack had suddenly gotten closer.

"Kiss me" Jack whispered. Zion moved back in surprise.

"W-What?"

"You heard me. Kiss me" Jack said more sternly this time. The two stared for a little longer, before Zion finally mustered up his courage and smashed his lips against Jack's. The kiss was steady. It was everything Zion dreamed of. Everything he has been wanting.