the end of the month | 6

Chapter 6:
The end of the month

"It's going up on the notification"
-Why Don't We (Turn It Off)

Jack and Zion were at the park, watching over Jack's younger sibling Isla. Smiles were grazed over their features as they watched the little girl run around with a few other kids she met that day. Zion kept a trained eye on her, while Jack was stuck with his nose in his phone. He typed away on the keyboard obviously texting someone at the moment. His eyebrows were raised as he let a small giggle fall from his thin lips. He wiped a single curl from his eye sight, Zion admiring such action. There was no doubt that Zion had managed to fall head over heels for his best friend. And everyone knew about it, except for Jack himself. He was oblivious to Zion's dying feelings, just like he was to Daniel effortlessly cheating and lying to him.

And as the older leaned over to see who Jack was texting, Zion couldn't help but throw his head back in annoyance.

"You really need to stop running back to him. He's just a heart break waiting to happen" Jack looked up from his phone with a guilty frown. "I don't know if I told you, but Austin found out about Corbyn's little make out moment with Daniel and broke up with him. And now apparently Corbyn's grades have been dropping."

Jack stared in awe.

Never would he guess that Corbyn and Austin would break up. The two were perfect together.

"But Zion, I care for Daniel. A lot and..."

"And Jack, I care for you a lot. He has hurt you more than once in only a month. I can't keep trying, if you don't want my help" Zion replied instantly after. That made Jack drop his head and stare at his dimly lit screen. His and Daniel's messages were displayed before him as chaos rang throughout his head. His head and heart were saying two different things.

But soon he was snapped from his thoughts as his sister came bouncing over. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she pouted. She stood in front of Jack in clear confusion.

"Jacky, why is Daniel kissing a different boy behind the slide?" Isla questioned bluntly.

And once again Jack felt his chest tighten as his face fell completely. He stared at the kid slide not too far away, shifting his view a little to indeed see two people almost basically swallowing each other. Jack watched the people pull apart and slowly come out from behind. And Jack watched as it was Daniel and someone he knew as Zach; smile while walk hand and hand.

"Jack..." The voice of Zion spoke, breaking his screaming thoughts.

The curly haired male just shook his head as he looked back down at his phone that was clutched tightly in his hands. It was now turned off, making Jack quickly turn it back on and go back to his messaging app. He didn't hesitate to type out a break up text.