two months later | 8

Chapter 8:
Two months later

"But I can't help it I'm waiting"
-PRETTYMUCH (Open Arms)

Zion lazily moved his body throughout his house as he heard the doorbell constantly going off. It being around one in the morning, the sound of the loud ring was making his head ache. And as the sound increased in speed, Zion picked up his feet and rushed to open the door. The cold December air whipped past him as he mustered out an irritated "what!?" His irritation had immediately dropped as he seen who stood before him. It was Jack. He stood on the front porch, arms securely wrapped around his body as he shivered in his boots. Zion didn't waste another second on dragging the younger inside.

Jack was shoved onto the couch as a blanket was also thrown onto him. And Jack didn't hesitate to remove his shoes and curl up in his spot and cover himself in the soft and warm blanket. Zion whom was still extremely tired, just sat beside him, eyes lazily opened as he waited for his best friend to say something. Jack's giggle is what made Zion snap his eyes open and stare confusingly.

"I woke you. I'm sorry" Jack smiled softly. Zion just shook his head as he observed Jack. The younger was obviously in distress. His face was flushed, cheeks tinted red and clearly stained with tears. His hazel eyes were were darker, surrounded with a layer of pink. It was clear as day he had just gotten done crying. "I don't even know why I came over. I just wanted to see you, I guess."

That made Zion shade pink. A small grin was on his face as he pushed away a loose curl.

"Why were you crying, Jacky?" Zion blurted. Jack looked down, before shifting and pulling out his phone. He turned it on, feeling tears well in his eyes once more as the video he was sent only a hour ago was displayed on the screen once more.

He pushed the phone in front of Zion's face, telling the other to push play and watch. Zion did just that, rubbing his face in distaste as he kept his attention on the small screen before him. It seemed to be taking place behind a building. And from the angle, the recording was taken from, you could only visibly see the figures a tiny bit. But Zion knew exactly who was in the video. It was Daniel. And he was yet again feeling up someone other than Jack. And as the mystery person turned his head just a little, Zion could see that it was an old friend.

Brandon.

"Oh, that's it!" Zion seethed as he slammed the phone down on the couch. He stood from his spot, making Jack jump up and stop Zion from doing anything further.

"No, stop. It's okay" Jack breathed as he held Zion's arms and looked up at him with innocence.

"It's not okay, Jack! He keeps hurting you and all you're doing is running right back to him" Zion blurts. His anger had finally reached it's peak.

"But it is. I'm over him" Jack walked back over to grab his phone. He went to his contacts and made sure Zion was able to see that he clearly blocked the number that belonged to Daniel. "I'm over him" Jack whispered as he stared up at his best friend.