two days later | 12

Chapter 12:
Two days later

"Can't you see that I'm lost?"
-Why Don't We (Falling)

Jack was hoping that he was able to get his best friend back. He was hoping that it wasn't too late and Zion would still be willing to be his friend. Maybe even something more. Jack has always felt different around Zion. More different than he has ever felt around Daniel. But it was a good different. Something he wanted to cherish.

And Jack felt his nerves pick up as he stood on Zion's front porch, hand raised to knock. His bottom lip was stuck inbetween his teeth as he chewed on it anxiously. But right as he was going to flick his wrist and make contact with door, it had already opened.

"Alright, I'll see you later" Edwin smiled as he planted a quick kiss against Zion's cheek. The taller nodded before the two looked to see Jack watching in pure shock and horror. Edwin excused himself politely before he left off Zion's porch altogether. Jack watched him go with a frown. And when the other was down the street in his car, Jack flicked his attention back towards an annoyed Zion.

"Found yourself a new friend?" Jack spat out with an eye roll. Zion snickered as he leaned against the door frame, arms crossed.

"Why are you here, Jack?"

That made the curly haired male sigh and slump his shoulders.

"I've missed you. Life is boring without my best friend" Jack answered honestly. Zion chuckled, standing straight once more and looking at Jack with dark eyes.

"Well, then maybe you should go find a new one? We stopped the second you threw that ring at me" Zion pointed towards Jack's finger that once again held the metal band. Jack frowned, looking at Zion's own hands to see no ring on either. "Goodbye Jack."

Zion began to close the door on him. He was stopped as Jack pushed it back open.

"Wait! Please! Caleb, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to break your heart. I was selfish and just wanted someone's love. And I was blind enough to not see that you were trying to give that to me" Jack pleaded. Zion just slammed the door in his face. That's what triggered Jack's tears to fall. He slid down the front door, bringing his knees close to his chest.