the next day | 11

Chapter 11:
The next day

"Our lips are moving, they're making words"
-Why Don't We (Talk)

Jack kept his head down as he walked outside. School was over for the day and Jack usually got a ride home from Zion. He didn't get one yesterday so he assumed he wouldn't be getting one today either. Maybe he could get a ride from Daniel? The thought of Daniel, raised his spirits a little before he was frowning once again. Daniel was the reason why he lost his best friend. The best friend who he lead on before crushing in only a few short minutes. And he knew Zion was right. Daniel has done nothing but cheat on him before come up with a lame excuse explaining that he'll never do it again.

But he did do it again. Over and over.

Shaking the thoughts, Jack kept his focus on finding Daniel for a ride home. And as soon as Jack found Daniel's beat up truck, he quickened his pace. He now just wished he never tried. Because right before him was Brandon sitting on Daniel's lap in the car, sucking each other's faces without a care. Jack gasped stepping back. But then his anger rose while tears formed. He can't believe he lost Zion over Daniel.

Jack pounded his hand against the glass window, making the two in the truck jump in surprise. Brandon smirked while Daniel held a face of shock with a tint of annoyance. But with the innocent act, Daniel opened the door and stepped out hoping to wrap his arms around Jack. The curly haired boy just pushed him away. He held a glare, not wanting to be near Daniel any longer.

"Daniel, I love you. I do-"

"And I love you. Jack, I'm sorry. Brandon he-" Jack shook his head with a chuckle.

"You're not sorry. And I know you're not, because you still continue to cheat. First it was Jonah. Then it was Corbyn. And then Zach. And now Brandon. And who knows who else! It's over Daniel. And for real this time" Jack turned on his heels beginning to walk away. Or that was until his wrist was snatched. Jack looked back with a scowl. "Let go of me!"

"You can't break up with me" Daniel pleaded. "I love you and I promise I won't ever do it again."

Jack grabbed his hand back.

"Goodbye Daniel."