Chapter Five

I woke up in a un familiar bed. It smelled stale. I don’t know if there’s a smell for that but it smelled bland, almost like a hospital. I tried moving my hand but it was hooked up to something. What the hell?

"Don’t move, you're going to hurt yourself honey.", Someone said, I looked towards where the voice was coming from.

"Where am I?", I asked.

"You're in the hospital. Some boy found you in a alley. The only thing he said was that you were bleeding from your lip, you threw up, and on the ride to the hospital you fainted.", The nurse said. "You know he stayed here all night. Until I told him to go home and freshen up. He told me to tell you he would be back in a little while.", The nurse said and smiled at me.

"Thank you, I guess.", I said and gave her a sly smile.

"I will tell the doctor you woke up.", The Nurse said and finished taking down some notes on her clipboard, she then left.

Bit’s of pieces of the other night started to come up to my mind. Fernando came to the club and hit me. He screamed at me. I should be afraid. I am really afraid, He can come anytime and he can try and hurt me, maybe even kill me. I thought running away would make all my problems go away, but they only came back. Only this time it seemed utterly real and they all came back stronger. Out to get me.

I let a tear fall from my eyes. I quickly wiped it away.

I heard a knock at the door. “Excuse me,”, The man said and looked down at his board. “Giselle, I came to tell you how you are doing. My name is Dr. Dietrich.”, He said.

I nodded, as a sign for him to go on.

"Well, your bloodly lip is nothing to worry about. Your blood pressure is high, but that’s normal for you. Aside from that you are healthy.", Dr. Dietrich said and smiled.

"Wait, how is high blood pressure normal for me?", I said.

"Well you are pregnant aren’t you?", He said and checked his papers. "Yes you are. It says right here, in your blood test we took you last night.", He said but his smile soon turned into a serious face. "I’m guessing you didn’t know you where pregnant.", Dr. Dietrich said.

”..No I didn’t.”, I said with no tone in my voice.

"Well Congratulations.", He said and on that note he left.

I’m fucking pregnant. My guess on who the father is; Mario.

The door opened. It was Mario, his hair was damp.

"Ah! You're finally awake, I saw the doctor come out of the room. So, What did he say?", Mario said with a cheerful voice.

"Nothing he just said that I was healthy. Only that I needed some rest.", I lied right through my teeth.

"That’s good. I checked with the lady up front and said you could go home.", Mario said.

"That’s good..", I lied, knowing that I couldn’t go back home. I didn’t have a home, only a hotel. A Hotel that I can’t go back to because my time there was limited.

"Do you have anywhere to go to?", Mario asked.

I shook my head.

"Don’t worry, You will come with me to my house.", Mario said.

"You don’t have to. You have done to much already, and I am thankful for it but I-.", I said but I couldn’t come up with an excuse.

"You see you don’t even have an excuse. Now get changed because you're coming home with me.", Mario said.

I didn’t have the strength to fight.

"Fine.", I simply said.

"I’ll be waiting outside. When your finished changing just come outside.", Mario said and with that he left and closed the door softly.

I got up from bed and took off the little wires off me slowly. They hurt but I didn’t even care. I went into the restroom. My clothes where on the toilet seat. I took off my robe and let it drop to the floor. I looked at myself in the mirror. I touched my stomach, is this how a pregnant stomach looks like?

I changed into my dress, I put on my heels. I looked like a prostitute, I felt like one also. I felt so dirty, I felt as if my whole life was crumbling down on me in just one night.

I opened the restroom door and walked straight to the front door. I opened it and Mario was waiting outside on a bench.

"I’m ready.", I said.

"Good, Well I finished your paper work so you can come home.", Mario said.

"Thanks.", I said.

"Well let’s go.", Mario said and started to walk ahead of me.

We were about to pass the front desk.

"Congratulations by the way!", The nurse who was in my room earlier.

My eyes went wide when I heard her. I sped up the pace.