Chapter Sixteen

Mario’s POV:

“Merry Christmas everyone.”, I said and began to hug all my family. I saw my mother hug Giselle, she hugged her back and smiled throughout the whole hug.

Everyone was here having a good time, people smiling. My mother was getting along so well with Giselle. My father was happy to see me finally settling down and finding a girlfriend that I’m committed to. But what they didn’t know is that Giselle was pregnant. I was planning on telling them today. When everyone has finished opening all the presents.

When we got back from shopping for presents, Giselle cooked some food. She made sure everything was perfect. She kept on telling me, “Do you think they will like it?”. But what I think she meant is “Do you think they will like me?”. From the moment I invited my family, I knew they would love her.

It was my turn to wish Giselle a Merry Christmas.

“Merry Christmas Giselle.”, I said and pulled her in for an embracing hug. “I love you.”, I said letting it slip out of my mouth.

“Merry Christmas Mario,”, she said while still hugging me. “I love you too.”, she said back to me. She let go of the embracing hug, she looked at me with those beautiful green eyes.

I leaned in and kissed her. She reacted for the first time without thinking twice and kissed me back. I broke off the kiss that was eternal to me.

“Calm down Mario, you weren’t even under the missile toe.”, My brother Fabian said making Giselle blush. I brought her closer to me and she wrapped an arm on one side of my waist.

I heard my mom and dad laugh. Fabian always the joker, I looked at him and he winked at me.

“Well how about we open these presents.”, My mom said.

I grabbed Giselle’s hand, I dragged her to the couch with me. It was 12:11 am, I feel like a little boy about to open his presents right on the dot. I hope Giselle feels a humble being right now.

“I say Mario goes first.”, Fabian said and gave me a stupid wink. He’s such a dork, it’s amusing.

“Fine,”, I said, with a dull tone in my voice but in the inside I wanted to know what I had received.

I made my way to the Christmas tree, it was by the window. I looked for the gifts that had my name on it and took them to the couch again. I grabbed the first one, I begun to unwrap it. It was a brand new pair of Jordans. They where black and gray high top adidas. I knew who bought me this. I didn’t even check who it was from. [The shoes]

“Is this from you Fabian?”, I asked him.

“What the hell?”, Fabian said and threw his hands in the air. “You didn’t even check who it was from.”

“Then it’s not you?”, I asked him.

“I kid, It is from me.”, He said and laughed. “Merry Christmas brother.”

We all chuckled a little bit. I opened more presents, I got a jacket from my father, a brand new iPod from my mother, and now it was time to open Giselle’s present.

“I wonder what’s in here.”, I asked, eager to open her present.

She smiled and rolled her eyes.

It was a small box, I unwrapped it and opened it. It was a thick silver ring, it had engraved. ‘M.G. + G.J. = ’ I knew exactly what that meant. It was one of the most beautiful presents I had received. Her beautiful Green eyes soon lit up when she that I loved it.

“I love it.”, I said and kissed her on the lips for a second.

She smiled at me.

“For us.”, She said, while grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

“Why don’t you open your gifts honey.”, My mother said.

“No, please open yours first.”, Giselle said.

“I insist Giselle, I put lots of effort into choosing your gift.”, My mother said and smiled at her.

“Alright.”, Giselle said and did the same thing as me. She grabbed her presents and put them on the couch, one on the floor because it was to big.

Giselle’s POV:

I grabbed the smallest gift, which was a small box with silver bow on top of it. I looked for a name on it, it was given to me by Mario’s mother. I took off the bow which made some of the wrapping paper come off. I unwrapped what was left, I opened the box. It was a beautiful necklace, with a gold necklace it was like a hoop as the pendant. But around the hoop it had beautiful Cherry blossoms. I was speechless.

“Thank you.”, I said and tried not to cry. Like the emotional wreck I was.

“You're welcome honey.”, She said and smiled at me. “Why don’t you put it on for her Mario.”

“I would love to.”, Mario said. He grabbed the necklace, I moved my hair from out of the way. He then put on the necklace. I felt a slight chill from the necklace.

“Now open mine.”, Fabian said and smiled widely.

I looked for his name in the presents, I found his. To my surprise it was the biggest, it was a box, about the size of a laundry basket. I didn’t even try and carry it to the couch. I bet it weighed a ton.

I took off the wrapping paper. It was a Xbox 360 kinect. But on top of it was a Mac laptop.

“Holy-!”, I said. “Thank you Fabian!”, I said getting up and hugging him. “'You're my new best friend.”

“I knew you would love it.”, He said and hugged me back. “Anything for the new member of the family.”

My eyes went wide. Wait did he know? How?!

“How did you know?”, I asked him letting go of our hug.

“Isn’t it obvious your here.”, He said.

“Right, right!”, I said and laughed it off. “I was joking.”

Lying ass bitch, you thought the unexpected.

I went back to my seat and grabbed another present. It was from Mario’s father, it was a small box just like the other one. I quickly unwrapped it, it was a jewelry box. I opened it but this time it was a Charm bracelet with the BVB logo on it. It was made out of yellow and black diamonds.

“Thank you so much!”, I said excitedly. I knew I would get something club related.

“You're welcome dear.”, He said and drank his hot chocolate.

“Last but not least it’s my turn.”, Mario said, he grabbed his gift and gave it to me.

I eagerly unwrapped it, not going to lie I was looking for this one. Mostly because it meant a lot to me. Secondly because it’s Mario. Third well it’s Mario. I was left with a little box, it looked like there was a ring in there. I looked at the box dumbfounded. He grabbed the box out of my hands. He opened it and faced it towards me.

“Giselle,”, Mario said while getting one knee. I heard someone gasp, it was Fabian. “I know we barley met and that we have only known each other for a couple of months. I know what you feel for me, you know what I feel for you.”, He said and paused. “Will you marry me?”, he asked me.