Chapter Twelve

Mario’s POV:

Giselle and I came home together. After the game She waited for me outside the locker room. We went home together, to please the paparazzi I held her hand all the way to the car. I feel something for Giselle but it just isn’t love…it’s not lust…I just like her. Maybe with the time it can grow to love.

We where in the house and Giselle looked worn out. I should’ve told her to stay home regardless what Jürgen said. She looks tired more than I’ve ever seen her. 

"Giselle do you feel okay?", I asked her and stood next to her In the bedroom where she was taking off her shoes.

"Yeah..", she said, but she truthfully looked pale and she had dark circles under her eyes as If she hasn’t had sleep in days. 

"Stop lying. You look like you haven’t slept for days..", I said and grabbed my keys off the dresser. "Come on we are going to the doctor."

"No! I promise I'm fine, I just need to sleep.", Giselle said and went into her closet and grabbed her pajamas. She went into the restroom and changed. 

I sat on the bed and put my hands in my head. Why is she so difficult to understand? All Giselle needs to learn to do is trust. 

I was going to stay in the room, regardless of what she’s going to say or do. I’m not going to leave her in this state of mind that she is in.

"What are you still doing here?", Giselle asked putting her hair up in a messy bun.

"I’m going to stay in here with you. I don’t care what you say or do. I’m not going to leave you like this.", I said gesturing to her.

"I’m FINE.", she said and crawled in to bed covering her body with the covers.

"No you're not. I’m gonna sleep in the couch, if it hurts my back it doesn’t matter because I have two days off.", I said and grabbed a pillow from her bed. 

"What are you doing? Mario go to your room. I’m fine! All I need is fucking sleep.", Giselle said raising her voice at the end of her sentence. 

"Giselle I’m not going to sleep in the same bed. I’m going to sleep in the couch, next to the bed.", I said and walked over to the cabinets where there were extra blankets. I grabbed a blanket and spread it out on the couch that was connected to the end of the bed. 

"Do what you want.", Giselle said coldly. 

I don’t know if its her hormones talking or it’s her normal self. 

I laid down on the couch and fluffed my pillow. I comfortably laid my head on my pillow, I slowly started to go to sleep.

I woke up by a sound of someone throwing up. I got up from the couch and rubbed my eyes. I made my way to the bathroom. As I got closer I heard silent sobs coming from the bathroom as if they didn’t want to be heard. I opened the door that was already a little bit creaked. Giselle was on the floor next to the toilet. 

"Giselle..Are you okay?", I asked her and crouched down to her so I could be next to her. 

"No..I’m so tired..", she said and closed her eyes. "I just want sleep..but I can’t.", she said and didn’t open her eyes, she slid on the wall.

"Giselle?", I said and shook her shoulder. 

Nothing. She didn’t wake up.

I ran to the next room and grabbed my phone, I called an ambulance. I grabbed her off the floor and took her to the bed. I waited until I heard the ambulance sirens, I ran down the stairs and opened the door so the medics could come up and take her to the hospital. 

"Over here!", I said and ran up to the stairs, they followed me and there was a guy with a stretcher. 

"What happened to her?", the medic asked.

"She was in the bathroom throwing up. She hasn’t been sleeping well, and she’s pregnant.", I said.

I watched as the medics strapped her down on the stretcher and put her an oxygen mask. 

"How far along is she?", the medic asked.

"She’s about one month. What’s wrong with her?!", I asked panicking, knowing that something might be wrong with my baby and Giselle.

"Sir calm down. It might just be morning sickness,", he said and followed behind the other medics that where carrying her down the stairs "Has she eaten lately?", He asked.

”..Yes-No—I don’t know..She keeps throwing up..”, I said and scratched my head getting frustrated because I knew it was partially my fault that she’s like this. 

"We will do more test in the hospital, meanwhile come with us to the hospital.", the medic said.

We made our way to the hospital and I hoped that everything was alright.
~
Giselle’s POV: 

I woke up with a huge headache. I didn’t know where I was. I moved my hand, there were wires hooked on to me. 

"Stop moving. You're going to hurt yourself.", I heard someone speak but I didn’t know who it was. I turned to where the noise was coming from, it was Mario. 

"What happened?", I asked.

"You where throwing up and crying. I tried to get you up but you fainted on the floor.", Mario said and made his way closer to my bed "I called the ambulance, the doctor said he would tell us what’s wrong when you wake up."

"I bet it’s just morning sickness.", I said and my stomach roared. I was hungry.

"Maybe, but you haven’t slept, eaten, and every time you do eat you throw it all up. It’s not just morning sickness.", Mario snapped at me but his face softened. "I just don’t want anything to happen to you or the baby.", Mario said, he grabbed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"I hope everything is okay..", I said and gave him a little squeeze, I really couldn’t squeeze his hand I was to weak to even do that.

I heard a knock on the door, we turned around towards the door. It was the doctor. 

"Hello, you must be Giselle Jürgen.", he said and looked at his clipboard. "Your fine, all you had was a severe case of morning sickness.", he said and closed the clipboard. "Do you have any questions?"

"Every time I eat I keep throwing up. Is that normal?", I asked.

"Yes, but try to stay away from junk food on your first trimester, Try to eat healthy food.", he responded.

"I can’t go to sleep, I get about four hours of sleep.", I said.

"Your body needs to adjust to you being pregnant. It will take time, don’t worry the first trimester is always the worse.", he responded and smiled at us.

"If this happens again Should we come back or not?", Mario asked.

"I would say yes and no. If she’s just throwing up then it’s completely normal. But if she faints then its probably her body shutting down on her because she’s so weak. If it looks like she’s dying then of course call the ambulance.", he said.

"Thank you," I said.

"Anymore questions?", he asked.

"No and Thank you.", Mario said and with that the doctor left. "Let’s go home Giselle.", he said and grabbed a bag that was set on the chair. 

"Let’s go.", I said and smiled. 

From this day on things would just get more difficult but I know Mario would be by my side regardless of anything.