Chapter 11: Peace in the Violence

"I don't know about this..." I say as Jack parks in front of the school on Monday morning. My heart was beating out of my chest and I could feel my hands start to shake. "There's no backing out now Elsa." Jack says as he grabs my shaky and sweating hands. "Besides, everything will be fine." He says with a side smile but it was hard to calm down. "You understand I don't like people looking at me right? That's why I keep my distance." I say moving my hand away from him and wrapping it around myself trying to calm myself down. "I know, but I need you to pretend.. Please." Jack bags as I look at him. His eyes were even bagging for me to help him, it was hard to say no.

I took a deep sigh and smile, "Okay, lets do this." I say as I go to open my door but Jack stops me. "Wait... I need you to wear this." Jack says as I look back at him to see him holding a small jewelry box. I feel my cheeks get red, please don't be a ring, please don't be a ring. I take the box and open it to see a ring... Damn it. It was a beautiful princess cut ring with three diamonds making me hold my breath. "Jack... I can't..." I start to say until he grabs the box and pulls  the ring out to see it on a necklace. "Birdie needs to believe we're engaged, so I thought you could wear it as a necklace and hide it so people don't see it." Jack says as he moves his hand in a circle telling me to turn around.

I do as he motions and lift up my hair up so he can put the necklace on me. "I like that you wore your hair down." I hear him whisper in my ear making me smile a little. After he puts my new jewelry on I feel him move his hands down my arms making me shiver under his touch. I turn to look at him to see him looking at the necklace, "This ring... It's very special to me so please take good care of it." He says almost in a whisper and I really wonder what he meant by that but I know when the time comes, he'll tell me. The ring is beautiful and honestly I don't want to hide it but his right, we can't have people thinking the wrong idea. I put the ring in my shirt so all you see was the sliver chain that it hangs on. "Are you ready now?" Jack ask as I close my eyes taking in the last few seconds before my life changes forever.

As I open them I see my door open and Jack waiting on the other side for me, I didn't even hear him get out of his car. "Come on dearie, lets break some hearts." Jack says with a crocky smile making me giggle a bit as I get out and grab Jack's hand, "It's now or never." I say as we start to walk into the school as boyfriend and girlfriend.

***

I felt every pair of eyes on us as we walked into the school. "Oh my god! Is that the Ice Queen with Senpai!?" I hear one girl say as we walk by making me squeeze Jack's hand. "Dude, I did not see that coming." I hear a guy say that I know plays with Jack on the basketball team I couldn't even think of his name right now with how nervous I was. "Elsa-Chan?" I hear behind me making me turn to see Serena and Anna looking at me wide eye. Oh no. I thought as they walk up to Jack and I. They stop in front of us looking back and forth with a confused and shocked look on their faces. "You know... I know you told me you two were dating last night but... I thought it was just a stupid joke." Serena said crossing her arms.

Anna looks over at Serena, "She told you!?" She looks back at me a hurt look on her face, "Why didn't you tell me?" She ask making me hurt that I was kind of lying to her. "It... It's hard to explain." I say. "Well do we get a explanation?" Serena ask and I didn't know what to tell them. What can I tell my best friend and my little sister that I tell everything too. "Of course you do." I hear a voice say next to me making me look at Jack shocked. "I bet you're pissed."Jack says making Serena huff, "We're not pissed... Just confused. I mean... She literally yelled at you on Friday. What changed over the weekend?" She ask making my heart beat out of my chest I was so scared, we didn't talk about this, I don't know what to tell her. "Jack found me having a panic attack." I say quickly knowing very well that will help Jack out.