Chapter 18: Who Are You?

Who are you? Those words, that sentence just kept repeating in my mind as the doctors looked at Jack. They looked into his eyes right before they took him to an MRI to check his brain. They pushed him out and he just locked eyes with mine, I see some red go into his cheeks before he turns away, maybe embarrassed that he kissed a stranger. "We'll be here waiting for you sweetie." I hear Amy say as the door closes and she turns to me. Haru put his arm around Amy, "Are you okay Elsa?" He ask me as I put my arms around me, was I okay? "I don't know... Why dose he remember you but not me?" I ask feeling selfish asking that, they were his parents, I was just a girl he meet, but I was also his lover. Why did he forget me?

Amy step away from Haru and put a hand on my shoulder, "The MRI will tell us, it's okay." "We'll get answers soon." Haru said but I was scared what the answers would be, how could this of happened?  My father was in a coma for two years, Jack was in one for less then two weeks, what happened in his brain that made him forget? Not long I see Jack getting pushed back in with the doctor behind him holding the scans. "So..." He starts off which is never a good thing as he puts the scan on a white board lighting it up to see Jack's brain. The doctor points to a part of the brain, "You see this part?" He ask making us nod as look at Jack who is just looking at the doctor.

"This part of the brain holds memories, and it looks like when Jack got in that accident, he lose the last two years of his life." The doctor said. "Lost two years of his life? What dose that mean?" Haru ask happy he asked and not me, right now I felt like I shouldn't even be here. The doctor sighs before he looks at Jack, "It means that the last two years are gone. He dosen't remember them. So things that happened in those two years, it didn't happen to him." I feel my eyes widen, that means he dosen't remember meeting me...

"Is there anything we can do?" Amy ask but the doctor just shook his head, "The memories can either come back or they don't. It's up to Jack's brain. All you can do is just live your life and help him with whatever he dosen't remember. But give him time, it's going to be overwhelming for him." The doctor says as he walks over to Jack as he was sitting on his bed and shined a light on his eyes, "I want him to stay for a less two more days." He says as he shakes Haru's hand, "Let me know if you have anymore questions." He says as Haru and Amy thank the doctor as he leaves the room.

I hear Jack take a deep breath looking at his parents, "So, what happened? I mean besides the crash and..." He turns his eyes to me and they were almost like he was seeing me for the first time. "Who is this girl?" He ask hurting my heart, I really was a stranger to him. Amy looks up at her husband making him nod, "I think we'll let her explain that part, the rest we can talk about later." Haru said as he kisses Jack on the forehead along with Amy, "We'll leave you two alone." She says looking at me with a weak smile before they leave, leaving Jack and I alone.

***

I didn't know what to say to him, or how to start. "So... Who are you?" He ask again breaking the silence. I took a deep breath, it was now or never. "My name is Elsa, I moved here from America two years ago. We go to school together and I'm...." "Jackie!" I hear behind me making me freeze as I hear heals coming up to Jack and I knew who it was. "Birdie?" Jack ask as Birdie throw her arms around him as he hugged her back. Oh God... It's my worse fear coming to life. To Jack, he was still with Birdie... "Oh Jackie I heard what happened to you and came as quickly as I could." Birdie lied locking eyes with me.

She pulled away, "I'm so sorry about our fight before you got into that wreck." She said as she finally turned her attention on me "And I'm glade the maid didn't get hurt." She says with a smirk on her face making me glare at her. "Maid? She's a maid?" Jack asked as I shook my head, "I'm not... I mean I am. I'm your maid but there's more to it then that." I say as I place my hand on his leg and he looks down as I see his eyes widen, "Where did you get that ring?" Jack ask making me look down to see my ring shinning in the light, the ring.

Before I could answer, Birdie grabs my hand, "You dirty little thief! How dare you steal my ring." She said making me let out a laugh trying to pull my hand back, "Your ring? Are you insane? Jack would never give you this ring!" I yell. "Of course he did you crazy bitch! He loves me!" Birdie yelled as she looks at Jack, "Tell her Jackie!" Birdie yells as I look at Jack in the eyes and for the first time since I meet him, his eyes weren't showing any emotions, they weren't telling me anything.