Epilogue

Epilogue

I woke up hearing a noise coming in the living room next to the bedroom. I stretch as I look next to me to see Jack was gone. Last night replayed in my head, Jack was in love with me, it was like we fell in love all over again. "Yes, yes we'll be there. We'll get on the next flight home. Thank you for the call." I hear Jack as I sat up right as he walks back into the bedroom. He was still in his boxers, his hair was a mess from waking up but the minute he saw me, he smiled, "Good morning love." He says as he walks over to me to give me peak. "Good morning, who was on the phone? I thought we said no working on our trip." I huff kind of hurt that he might be working on our vacation. Jack sat on the bed and place his hand on my knee making me nervous.

"I promise you, it wasn't work. But... They found out who cut the breaks to the car." Jack says making me gasp a little, "Who..." I ask but Jack looked almost hurt, like he knew the person. "Jack, who is it?" I ask making his hand go into a fist. "When they took my car, and started the investigation, they found a piece of red hair in my car." Red hair... we only knew one person with red hair, "Oh god... Birdie? Birdie cut your breaks?" I ask making him nod, "Are they sure? I mean it could of been there from when you two were together." I said but he just shook his head.

"I brought that car after we broke up, I remember buying it. She was never it in." Jack says as he looks at me, "We have to go home, they are questioning her today." Jack say as he grabs my hand, "I'm so sorry we have to cut our trip short." He says, his voice upset but how could I be mad at him? This is important. "No, we have to go. Let's go now." I say as I quickly get up and start getting ready. "Don't worry about packing, someone will be here soon to pack up our things and send them home. Just get dress and let's go." Jack says making me move faster. I want to hear what Birdie has to say.

***

Jack got us a private plane to get us home faster which was amazing but it was also getting more and more real knowing we were going to listen to Birdie confess. "Now, this is a two way mirror, you can see her and hear what she has to say but she won't see or hear you. She has no idea you two are here." A police officer told us as we sat behind a mirror seeing a detective sitting with his back turn to us. I grab Jack's hand making him look at me, "Are you alright?" I ask but he didn't say anything, he just looked back at the mirror as we hear a door open. Walking in handcuffed with Birdie. She was wearing a gray shirt with some matching baggy gray sweats with white shoes, I would of never thought I would live to see the day that Birdie Lou would be wearing gray.

"State your name fo that record please miss." The detective says making Birdie roll her eyes, "Lou Birdie." Birdie says places her hands on the table still cuffed, "Do we really need these? It's not like I can kill you." Birdie says. "Poor choice of words Lou-San. Now tell me what happened on December 20th." The detective ask making Birdie lend back in her chair. "On December 20th, my boyfriend and I..." "And who is your boyfriend?" The detective interrupted. Birdie narrowed her eyes, "Fujitsu Roxas." "And who is Fujitsu Roxas to the Fujitsu's family?" He ask. "His Fujitsu's nephew and Fujitsu Jack's cousin." Birdie answered. "Please continue."

Birdie sighed, "Roxas and I saw Fujitsu Jack's car at the hospital. Roxas for weeks wanted to hurt Jack, and honestly I think he had a little thing for Jack's maid which I really don't care for." "And who is Fujitsu's maid?" The detective ask. "Jesus, Moon Elsa. She's also Jack's soon to be wife." "So you didn't like her because she started to date Fujitsu?" Detective ask making Birdie hit the table hard, "She took my life! I was support to be Jack's wife! I was support to have half of everything he had!" I feel Jack tighten his grip on my hand. He knew Birdie was using him but I knew it much of hurt him to hear her say it out loud.