Chapter 12: Sickness can be Death

I thought I was nervous before when we had lunch with Birdie, but I was wrong. Just sitting in Jack's car while Riku drove us to visit my dad I was shaking and trying to look in my purse to find my anxiety pills. "Are you really this nervous about this wall?" Jack ask as he takes my purse. "You know... It's not okay to look through a girl's purse." I say trying to keep calm so I don't get an attack. I hear Jack laugh as he pulls out my pill bottle and gives me a pill. "I think we're past that." He says also handing me water I gladly take it. "Where are we going anyways?" He ask, I didn't tell him what today was, it's to hard to explain.

"You'll see." I say as I finish the water and look out the window still shaking. No one has meet my father, no one knows what happened to him or how I blame myself on what happened to him. "Do I get a hint at all about this wall?" He ask but I just shake my head, "No you don't because it's something I have to show you, and explain about it later." I say still not looking at him, I was starting to get emotional about this. Maybe this wasn't a good idea... I feel a hand touch mine making me get out of my head as I look over at Jack to see a look of worry on his face.

"You're in your head again, you need to get out of it. Whatever this wall is... It's going to be okay." Jack says making me give him a small smile, it's weird that a year ago, I hated this man and I wanted nothing to do with him. But this past week... It's been different, it's like his changing in front of me, or I'm changing. "Jack... this wall is the highest wall I have build around me. Not a lot of people know about this. And I need you to keep it to yourself, please." I bag not even knowing if he'll agree with me.

But there it was... That smile. "You really think I would tell people about this? I don't even know what it is but I can tell in your face and how you squeezing the hell out of my hand that it's important to you. That you're scared." He says as I look down at his hand to see that I am squeezing it I didn't even realize it. I let go of his hand, "Sorry... I didn't." "I know you didn't." He said taking my hand again, "Squeeze it as hard as you want, I don't mind." He says making me smile a little as I feel the car come to a stop. I take a deep breath as I see Riku open the car door for us. Jack steps out first as I follow. I look at his face to see a little shocked face when he sees where we were. "Umm... call me when you want me to pick you up Sir." Riku says as he bows and goes back into the car.

Jack looks at me as I start to walk in, "We need to stop at the gift shop first." I say as I hear Jack follow behind me. Jack stayed close to me as we go into the gift shop to see the normal girl Molly Sin working. Molly is always working at the gift shop whenever I go in there. She was maybe in her mid 30's with short brown hair and deep brown eyes. We never talked much about anything but she knows I get flowers every time I visit my father. "Oh Moon-Chan, it's good to see you. Who's your guest?" She ask as I go to the flowers. "Frost-Chan, this is Sin Molly." I say as Jack bows to Molly, "It's.. Nice to meet you." Jack said confused as I pick up my favorite flowers and hand them to Molly. "Irises today huh?" She ask as she rings me up. I nod as I start to dig around my purse for my wallet as I see a card slide by my head.

"Please allow me." Jack says as Molly looks at me before she takes the card. "Arigato Jack." I say as I grab flowers and bow at Molly. "See you soon." I say as we start to walk out. "It was umm... Nice meeting you." Jack says again bowing as Molly follows as he follows me out. "Elsa..." He says but I shook my head, "No questions, we're almost there." I say as we reach the elevator and I push the level four button. I grab onto Jack's hand as I feel the elevator starts to move. "Is... The hospital your mother works at?" He ask as I nod, "She's working the night shift tonight so we won't run into her." I say as the elevator stops.

I squeezes Jack's hand as we step off and start to walk past the nurse station. "Oh Moon-Chan and... Guest?" One of my mom's nursing friend's says confused on seeing Jack. Fun Lee was my mother's only friend working here, someone he took under his wing. He was older maybe mid 50's with salt and pepper hair that was slowly going bald in the back. "Hello Nurse Lee, this is my boyfriend Frost Jack." I say as Jack bows. "Right your mother told me you were seeing someone. Are we making a visit today?" He ask making nod, "It's been awhile. How is he today?" I ask as we follow Nurse Lee to my father's room. "Same as always, no new improvements I'm sorry to say." Nurse Lee said making my heart hurt a little. It always felt like this walk always took so long, like it would never end when really it's only a minute walk away from the Nursing Station.