Chapter 17: Broken

Chapter 17: Broken

I woke up to hear a beeping noise, almost sounded like my alarm going off for school, I just wanted it to shut up, I didn't want to go to school, I just wanted to kept sleeping. I try to reach over to turn off the beeping when I feel a pull and a pain go up my arm making me open my eyes and almost gasp for air. What the hell happened? Where am I? I look around I knew where I was, I was in the hospital. "Oh God Elsa." I hear next to me to see my mother and Anna looking at me. "Guys? What happened?" As I feel them both hug me and I even feel tears go on my shoulder form them. "You really don't remember?" Anna asked as she pulled back along with my mother, both looked a mess.

Anna's hair was in a braid but it looked like she hadn't slept in days while my mom's nurse bun was coming loose. "I remember visiting dad and then Jack came and picked me..." I stopped when I remembered, the car wreck, we rolled... Jack was bleeding. "Where's Jack!? Is Jack okay?" I ask my voice going into a panic and I could feel my breath trying to stay in my throat again. "Elsa... Breath, you need to calm down." My mother said holding my hand but it was hard to keep calm when the man I love might be hurt or worse. "I can't... Stay calm... Where's Jack?" I ask trying to catch my breath.

Anna and my mother locked eyes with each other before they turned back to me. "His... umm..." My mother was having a hard time telling me which scared me. "Can I see him?" I ask scared I was asking to see his corpse. "Elsa you can't even walk right now..." Anna ask as she looks at my leg, I turn my eyes to see my left leg in a cast. I started to feel everything now, my headache came in full force and I notice my right hand was hurting too. I looked at it to see that it had a wrap around it. "Jesus..." I say looking back at my family, "If I'm this beat up... then Jack...." I say feeling tears coming into my eyes thinking that he was dead.

We rolled on his side first... He hit the ground first, I saw the blood form his head... He couldn't... "I need to see him." I say quietly looking at my left hand to see my ring, it didn't even have a crack in it, it was like nothing happened to it. "Okay... I'll get a wheelchair." I hear my mother said "Wait mom..." I hear Anna trying to stop her as I look up at her to see her already out of the room, I turn back to Anna. She couldn't even lock eyes with me knowing well I was going to read her like an open book. "How long was I out?" I ask.

"About twelve hours." Anna said still not looking at me making me more uncomfortable. "What dose my chart say?" I ask knowing damn well that Anna has been hearing what the doctor said. "Umm... You broke your leg and your hand is sprained, you're lucky to not have a brain bleed." She said finally looking at me. "Have the cops came in yet?" I ask but she shook her head, "No but now that you're up, I bet they will. They were at the site all night trying to figure out what happened. Jack's car is totaled." She said but that doesn't surprise me one bit, we rolled, no car could survive that.

I hear the door open to see mom walking in with a wheelchair and a blanket. It took my mother and Anna to get in me in the chair but not long after we were off to see Jack. Lucky, we past the morgue making me feel a little hopefully that Jack was okay. As we reach a room in ICU, that's when my heart sank again. My mother stopped outside the room and looked down at me, "Are you sure about this honey?" She ask, worried was written all over her face. I nod, "I need to see him." I say as I hear her sigh, I knew she didn't like the idea but she also knew what it was like to see someone you love laying on a hospital bed.

She opens the door and pushes me in and I couldn't stop the tears from coming and a sob escape my lips. In the bed was Jack but it was hard to recognize him. His face was bruised, he had a breathing tube in his mouth and his head was wrapped. I wanted to jump out of the chair and run to him, to hold him. "No... NO!" I yell as I feel arms around me, "Elsa, Elsa listen to me!" I hear Anna scream as she shook my shoulders trying to calm me down. "Remember when dad first got put in the hospital? Huh? He was in a breathing tube too, but it wasn't long and he was breathing by himself again.