Chapter 1

Lilith's POV

I can't wait till that bell rings, so I can leave this hell hole.

'Just a few more minutes, Lilith,' I told myself. 'You'll make it.'

Shit, I just remembered I have to walk home today because my sister said she had something "important" to do, which she didn't tell me what it was she had to do either.

The bell rings, snatching me from my thoughts. I quickly get up from my seat and almost run out of the classroom, so I can hopefully escape The Idiots, as I like to call the group of three jocks that always said or did something to me every chance they could get, today.

Nope. I couldn't. I heard thumps behind me, on the sidewalk, getting closer than I wanted. "Hey, goth girl, wait up," said their leader, Wyatt. Did he really think I was going to acknowledge him? "I said wait up you freak!"

I didn't pay any attention, again. That was probably a bad idea, though because that caused one of Wyatt's followers to grab my right shoulder and spin me around. I stumbled a bit and I just looked up at the smug idiot. It pissed me off, so I asked, "What the fuck could you possibly want today?"

The toadie turned and let Wyatt get in front of him, so he could speak to me, but instead he pushed me down on the ground. I honestly wasn't ready for that. My binder fell to the side and my iPod slipped out of it. Wyatt noticed this, picked it up, and started looking through my music. "Devil's Night? Oh, so you're a Satan worshipper too?" He kept looking through and the anger in me just built more and more.

"And why do you care if I am? Do you really think I'd care if you had anything to say about it? Because if you do, you can go get a chair, sit here, and wait for me to care." He looked at me with shock and anger after I said that. I very rarely came back at him with a comment. I didn't worship anything though, I was just mad and said what came to mind.

His eyes just had fury in them now. He took my iPod, threw it on the ground, and stomped on it till it was completely destroyed. I watched in horror as he did this. "How dare you talk to me like that you gothic bitch!?" I was so scared that he was going to hit me, so I went to cover myself with my arms, but I was too late. He kicked me in the stomach so hard, that it knocked all the breath out of me. I started gasping as I held my stomach and blood trickled out of the corners of my mouth.

"That's what you get, parentless freak," one of the followers said before walking away with Wyatt and the other one.

I lay there for a couple of minutes to catch my breath. Every time I coughed, blood came out of my mouth and my stomach ached with so much pain. I was terrified, but I managed to get up, get my stuff, including the remains of my iPod, and I started running home. It hurt so much just to even move, but I had to keep going and get home to my sister.

~~~

I finally reached my house, out of breath, and screaming for my sister, "Lora! Lora, please help!" Her car was here and an unknown car, but I didn't care right now. I stumbled up our front steps and swung the door open. Feeling light headed, I dropped my stuff and fell out in the floor. "Lora... please," I faintly said.

I knew I was passing out. Before I did, though, I swear I saw Ghost and Chris from Motionless In White and my sister running towards me. They couldn't have possibly been there. They just couldn't have been.