Chapter 29

Blake's Pov

"Please don't be afraid , my friend.

I am by your side.

Let me take your hand in mine.

Lift it, swing it wide.

Come with me my new found friend.

Let me lead the way.

To a simple, quiet place.

Where my heart can pray.

Please don't be afraid my friend." Poppy, by Barbara Larriva. A very beautiful book, with an amazing story line. For some reason when I read those lyrics, I just fall in love, over and over again. It's simple, quiet, and sweet. I couldn't help but sing them out loud. It's as if to imply that the little girl, Poppy, wants to protect her new friend. When I sing those lyrics, I new I would do anything to protect my family. From Alex, to Logan, my unborn cousin. Even Jordan. I would do anything to protect them. I just know it.

"Whatcha reading there munchkin?" Alex came over and sat right next to me on my bed.

"Oh you know, a book." He rolled his eyes.

"What is the book called?" I showed him the cover, it had a red poppy on it.

"It's called Poppy."

"Is it good?" I smiled.

"It's lovely."

"Well I just came in here to see if you wanted to come with me to go pick Logan up from detention." I chuckled remembering how he got a detention.

"Why do we have to learn this!? Shouldn't we being learning about the laws, how to vote, how are world works?! Noooooo we have to learn about some stupid cell membrane!" Logan yelled out loud to the class. The teacher was about to blow a fume.

"Logan! Detention!" She yelled.

"Oh YAY! What I can't fricken voice my opinions!"

"Logan! Go to the office!" He just smirked, with a little bow Logan said...

"With pleasure, anything to get out of this shitty class," With that he walked out leaving me with an angry teacher.

"Sure why not," With that I put my book down-making sure to place my bookmark inside- and followed Alex out to the car. When we finally reached the car, I hopped right into the front, buckled up. Alex got into the driver's seat, buckled, and took off. Heading to my school. I turned up the radio, enjoying the music, I softly hummed to it. Alex decided to switch the station, until I heard a song I new to well.

"Stop!" Alex stopped switching stations. he chuckled when he realized what song it was.

"Really?" He laughed

"BOOTS WITH THE FUR!" I yelled, answering his question that way.

"THE WHOLE CLUB WAS LOOKING AT HER!" Alex joined with me in singing the amazing song.

"SHE HIT THE FLOOR! SHE HIT THE FLOOR!"

"NEXT THING YOU KNOW SHAWTY GOT LOW LOW LOW LOW!" The song continued, while me and Alex were laughing are butts off. We finally reached the school. Alex got out while I stayed in the car. Making sure I kept the front seat spot. After about five, to seven minutes, I saw Alex and Logan walking back to the car.

"No fair Blake has the front seat."

"Too bad, so sad," I faked a crying noise. Logan just crossed his arm, and got in the back seat. Alex laughed at us.

I smiled, this was my family, and I would die to protect them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am So sorry about making this short, but I seriously had no idea what to write. I've been focused on something else I am writing, and thinking about publishing on here. But with that I have to say byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee