5. - jeno

『 when the white starlight blooms, i'll hold your hand and endlessly fly
the hours of the night are drenched with the yellow moonlight
i'll remember it for a long time
star blossom doyoung & sejeong

『 when the white starlight blooms, i'll hold your hand and endlessly flythe hours of the night are drenched with the yellow moonlighti'll remember it for a long time — star blossom doyoung & sejeong 』

Weeks has passed after Jeno and Jina have seen each other. Truthfully, Jina has been checking up on him silently by looking at his fan sites. She felt bad after she raged at him, and his fan sites were noticing how he's been having a cold vibe.

Jeno, on the other hand, didn't have one care for Jina throughout those weeks. He was too caught up in work that he forgot all about her. Relieved is how he felt, especially because he had no girlfriend who would control all of his actions.

It's only up until now that Jeno thought about Jina. He did feel a little bad for her because he's always known that she never really liked it when guys were like that to her. Jeno's always been there for her whenever she had a crush on a boy. When it didn't end up right, he would try to comfort her; however, he would end up making her feel bad.

Since the beginning of their 'frenemy-ship', he would always say the wrong things when he would try to comfort her. He wished she would see the fact that he was trying, it's just that he didn't know what to say to a crying bro. Jeno would tell all his other guy friends, "It's okay man, she was ugly anyway. How about your hot friend in your math class?" and they would feel better. But when he would tell Jina about that, she would just get upset.

So what Jeno decided to do, was to call her. It took a few tries before she'd answer because it was obvious that she was avoiding him.

"What?" she spoke with a cold tone.

"Hey, can I see you?"

"No," she snapped.

"You being my fake girlfriend isn't over yet."

"I don't care, bye," she said angrily, and hung up the phone.

Which pissed Jeno off.

It made no sense that his childhood friend was the only girl to say no to him. In fact, she was the only person to ever reject him. Not even Renjun or Donghyuck reject him.

It's not like he was serious when he would bully her as a kid. He just found her reactions interesting because she would try to fight him back. Up until this day, he's still ever met a girl like Jina. He would try and experiment dating other girls, but he felt like they were all the same.

At this point, Jeno was beyond pissed because of Jina's rejection. So he decided to show up at her house after his work.

He rang on the doorbell, keeping his head down so none of her neighbors could see who he was. He had a coughing mask on, a hoodie, and sunglasses to cover his face, and honestly, he couldn't breathe in it. His head was pounding, and he started to felt hot. So not being able to breathe any longer and his pounding head made him impatient. He rang on the doorbell once again, until he saw a small blonde swing the door open.

She looked up at him then closed the door, but it was stopped by Jeno's foot. He pushed his way into the house and took off his disguise. Jeno rubbed his temples at Jina's house lights were hurting his eyes.

"What do you want?" she complained, trying to push him out of her house.

"I don't know, Jina. You tell me. You ignored your boyfriend for 2 weeks!" he responded.

"You're not even my real boyfriend! Get out!"

"If you tell me to get out again, the videos of you will get out," Jeno sneered, getting close to her face.

She groaned as she sat on the couch.

"What do you want from me?" she complained. "You being around me basically ruined my life."

He tilted his head in confusion. He ruined her life?

"You would push me when I was a kid! I have scars because of you, Jeno! To add on, you would ruin every chance I have with my crush! You would show them embarrassing things of me and nobody in school can forget about that! Even if I moved schools, someone there would somehow know about it!" she ranted. "You manipulate me into fake dating you?! And you're the one who stole my first kiss?! I've had enough of you, Jeno!"

Jeno didn't know she hated him that much. He thought she still liked him at least a little because she would still talk to him. But that was just her tolerating him all these years until he was gone.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, and she shook her head. "If you're really sorry you'd prove it to me."

"I will, I'll buy you—"

"No. Don't even buy me anything, Jeno. You have to be sincere."

"Okay, then..."

Jeno was speechless. He genuinely did feel bad for her because he made her feel that way. But it wasn't all intentional. He didn't even know why he did all of that to her.

Whenever she would play with her toys as a kid, she would look so happy. But whenever Jeno would show up, her smile would become even bigger. She would smile like that everyone, and that made him mad.

In middle school, when she would be interested in a boy, she would swoon about it to Jeno. It would annoy him that she would even like some other dude, so he would try to unintentionally ruin it.

He kissed her because well, he wasn't thinking about it. She was there looking so different in front of him, too. It was out of impulse, and it was the quickest way for someone else to believe that they're together.

Jeno had no idea why he would do such stupid things because of her.

"Jeno? Are you okay?" she asked in a concerned tone. His head was on her lap and his surroundings were blurry.

"Wha?"

"You passed out after I yelled at you! I'm sorry!"

He was so caught up in listening to her that he forgot that he felt sick in the first place. He felt dizzy and looking at the lights strained his eyes. Jina placed her cold hand on Jeno's forehead as she realized he was sick. She sighed, getting up, then helped Jeno stand up himself.

"Come on, rest for a bit," she mumbled, holding her arm out for Jeno to hold. He followed her into her room and laid on her bed. Jina first took his temperature and noticed that it was extremely high. 101°F. She covered him with the covers, gave him medicine, and placed a cold towel on his forehead.

"Rest," she spoke quietly getting up, but Jeno stopped her, grabbing her hand.

"Jina. I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you," he said groggily. Jina sat silently as she let Jeno hold her hand.

"You know I'm like that to you for a reason. I don't know, every time you would smile happily at another guy I would get mad and take it out on you," he whispered as his eyes closed.

Shocked by what he said, Jina felt her heart beating faster as Jeno held her hand and slept peacefully in her bed.

"Good thing you won't remember this when you wake up," she sighed.