9. - jeno

Anxious, Jeno paced back and forth in the room waiting for Jaemin

Anxious, Jeno paced back and forth in the room waiting for Jaemin. He couldn't focus on the choreography because he was worrying about Jina too much. She wasn't replying back to any of his messages, and he didn't want Jina to misunderstand what was happening on TV, especially after the fact that they've told each other their feelings. Jeno would never play with Jina's heart like that— he's been wanting her since they were younger anyways.

"Jeno-ah," Jaemin peeked open the door, "Someone's here to talk to you." He opened the door to see Jina walk inside the room with her arms crossed. She looked livid, like she was going to kill Jeno in a second.

"You have 5 minutes to explain," Jina sighed, but still had an aggressive tone. Her foot tapped on the floor, waiting for Jeno to start speaking. But nothing would come out. "59, 58, 57–" she started to count down, however Jeno finally cut her off.

"She won't leave me alone! She tried to kiss me, and she hired a photographer to take a picture of us like that," Jeno freaked out a bit, as he waved his hands around in frustration. Jina kept still, arms crossed around her chest and foot continuously tapping on the floor. She was also nervous; Jina wanted to believe Jeno so bad, but she was a bit skeptical.

"Jina, I swear. I wouldn't do that to you! I've wanted you since we were younger, and I can't let you go," he begged. Jina examined his face, seeing the sincerity in his eyes. She sighed and surprisingly walked up to the boy to hug him.

Head on his chest, Jeno placed his hands on the back of her head to hold her closer to his heart. She squeezed him tighter as a sign of forgiveness and trust, which made Jeno feel relieved.

"You're lucky Jaemin talked to me, or I wouldn't have gone here in the first place," she muttered into his chest, and Jeno chuckled.

"I know how stubborn you are," he responded, and she let go of his torso to push him in a playful way. "You're my girlfriend after all."

"Who said I'm your girlfriend?" she cocked up her eyebrow and crossed her arms again.

He smiled at her and pulled her closer to his body so he can embrace her again, "I swear I'm having deja vu, Jina. I said you're my girlfriend!"

"What's that? I can't hear you?" she teased, and Jeno started to yell "Hwang Jina is my girlfriend everyone!" repeatedly until she told him to quiet down.

Jaemin then peeped into the practice room to scoff, "You love birds are being super loud." Jeno and Jina apologized to Jaemin and continued the reunion after their lover's quarrel.

Jeno sat in his manager's room more frustrated than ever. Although Jina forgave him, the public didn't know what was going on. And that's the biggest problem— his fans think him and Hana got back together.

"I don't know what to tell you, Jeno. You go on a public date with your girlfriend, and you'll be called a cheater," his manager spoke with concern for the poor boy.

"Can't we just? Expose Hana or something? I'm tired of her!" Jeno asked, as he clenched his fists and raised his voice in frustration.

"Perhaps, we can do that?" His manager was unsure about that plan, but it could be the only way. Jeno sighed and looked down at his feet to think about what they could do. Until an idea hit him.

"Do you know who took the pictures of us? He could speak the truth," Jeno suggested with excitement. "The guy looked extremely familiar, I swear. We can bribe him! And BAM!"

His manager, unsure, nodded his head, "I know who took those pictures. I'm sure it was her manager's assistant. Who else would it be?"

"You're right." Jeno wished he didn't have to deal with this situation with his ex girlfriend. If only Hana got the hint that he was with another girl because he genuinely wants to be with her, instead of doing it to spite her.

"Is your girlfriend okay? Wasn't she a trainee?" his manager questioned, concerned if she was actually doing okay. Having business with an idol was difficult, but getting stirred up with drama could hurt a person's feelings.

"Girlfriend." Jeno thought.

That word makes him all giddy inside, especially knowing that his sworn childhood enemy is now his girlfriend. The days where she used to be a trainee was fun, and he wished they both could go back to sing and dance together. He imagined those rap battles against him and Jina in the courtyard after lunch. Those definitely sparked up some competition between them to Jina, but to Jeno it was just fun. He had videos of her rapping back in the days— and bringing those old videos back embarrassed her.

"Jeno? Hello?" His manager waved his hand in front of Jeno to bring him back to his senses.

"Hey, manager-nim. I have a better idea. What if Jina comes back as a trainee?" Jeno hesitated to suggest, yet his manager was listening interestedly.

"Go on..."

"She used to have a strong fan base who could potentially protect her from Hana's followers. I mean, she has the NCTzens and her old fans who awfully despise Hana..."

"I think I like that," his manager agreed, which made Jeno beyond excited. "That could definitely make Hana leave you alone."