Chapter 1

It happened quietly.

You were sitting in front of your computer, typing in the results of the latest documentation of one of the Scp's. They were the reason why you took this job in the first place. As one of the Scp foundations secretary’s, it was your duty to sit in front of the computer and digitalize whatever a scientist threw in your face.
Yes, most of them were assholes, looking down on you from that huge horse because they had a medical degree, but everything was worth it, as soon as you had another paper full of stuff about Scp's. They came in so many different forms, shapes and beliefs, it fascinated you to no end.

The hard working atmosphere popped as soon as your computer turned of for no acceptable reason.

"Oh no, don't you DARE erase all the stuff I wrote!", you screamed, while repeatedly pressing the on button furiously. Luck didn't seem to side up with you today, because the light turned off as well, leaving you fuming in the darkness. No one will see me murder that thing in the dark, you thought and approached the computer with an unreadable expression plastered on your face.

But to the Pc's luck, your intentions got interrupted by the sudden blaring of the alarm. You flinched and almost fell due to your swivel chair being in the way. You groaned, opening a drawer and fiddling out a flashlight.
These alarms were getting on your nerves. It was the third one this week, and it was Wednesday. Practising evacuation is really important if you happen to work at probably the most dangerous foundation ever, but still, it's ridiculously annoying at times. Once the alarm went of because the mechanism mistook a broken toilet for a containment chamber.

You got out of the chair with a grunt and turned the flashlight on to find your way outside, to meet up with the rest at the meeting point. Another light source interrupted yours, illuminating the room enough so that the flashlight was unnecessary.
"What the...", you muttered, trying to identify where the light came from.

Your computer.

But that was impossible. Only the most important rooms got electricity during an emergency and your office was in no way one of these. Taking small steps, you approached the traitorous pc. Data randomly opened and closed almost at the same time without the use of keyboard or mouse, like somebody was searching...
For...

Something...

An Scp immediately appeared inside your head.
Scp 079.
The old AI.

A living and talking - well it could only communicate via writing- artificial intelligence residing inside a super old computer. And now making itself home inside YOUR computer! There was important data about the Scp's stored, you had to do something!

The cables.
Without electricity, the electronic device is useless.

You jumped for the plugs, hitting the chair in the process, and ripped them out violently. Angry static noise filled your ears. You turned your head and saw a somewhat disfigured human face on the screen, brows furrowed in anger, scowling at you. Words appeared but you couldn't read them fast enough. The computer turned off, leaving behind a calming, black screen. You let out a huff of air you instinctively hold back and took a few deep breaths.

This wasn't another goofy accidental test alarm.
This was real.

Scp 079 got out and who knows what that hostile super intelligent AI would do once it got access to the main hard drive.

--

You burst through the door, determined to find others wo had the knowledge to end this.
Well, authority since your keycard wasn't high enough to reach any of the significant rooms. Eerie flickering red emergency lights awaited you, tinting the white walls in bloody red. You continued to walk into the direction where the meeting point would be. Footsteps emitted from a corridor on the left, probably people like you on their way towards the same destination.