Chapter 11

It was a nice dream. Well, weird would describe it better. Some voice had been calling you. You couldn't understand what it said. It had been muffled, as if it had been talking through thick fog. All you could decipher it saying was finally in an incredibly annoyed voice.

That was all you could remember as you woke up. Nevertheless you slept well considering the previous nights. Your eyes blinked tiredly a few times before fully fluttering open.

"Good morning, sunshine.", 049's velvety voice greeted you. "Did you have any unpleasant dreams?"

You gave him a genuine smile while stretching your arms. "I slept real nice." Which was true. You stretched comfortably while relishing the first sleep without any nightmares. And abruptly became aware of the position you were in.

Still sitting in 049's lap, cuddled against his chest while he held you tightly. A bright blush exploded on your face.

"What's wrong?", 049 asked worried, his hand immediately shooting up to touch your face.

"N-nothing!", you stuttered and started to get up, but he pulled you closer.

"You seem to be burning up, you are all red!" His hand was on your cheek, stroking over it with his thumb as if to wipe away the colour. Which in turn only made things worse.

"N-no, I'm fine. It's probably just the lighting in this room.", you brushed off trying to fight off the deep blush taking over your face and the urge to lean into his palm.

"I am just worried about you.", he said. There was something about his tone and words combined that made your heart tumble in your chest.

"I'm sorry.", you apologized. You felt him relax. That was the opportunity to get up.
He released you without protest and followed your example. He grunted in discomfort and stretched, shaking his arms to regain feeling. You giggled. A happy noise lighting up the gloomy atmosphere.

You noticed him staring. "What is it?", you asked laughing.

"This is the first time I hear you genuinely laugh."

You stopped, hand hovering over your mouth as if you were caught. The thought never crossed your mind, but now that you were thinking about it, you noticed he was right. You were kind of taken a back by his words.

"You know something?", he said.

"Hm?"

"It suits you."

--

After walking for quite some time now, you began to appreciate one thing. Being carried had turned out to be pretty damn nice. Much better than walking yourself. It didn't strain your wound and yourself.

But asking to be carried would be ten times more painfully embarrassing than what you were experiencing now. So you continued walking... While every step hurt like hell. To sum it up nicely, it was going rather slowly. But still better than last time.

You had already proposed the idea to get Scp 500 or 427 to patch you up, but 049 had refused. "I am not going back for some self proclaimed cure", had said the self proclaimed cure. How ironic. Although you were pissed, you had not persisted any further to avoid an argument. After all, that was a very touchy subject.

"Where to?", 049 asked, having slowed down in front of a junction. Lost in thoughts, you hadn't paid attention to your surrounding, so you had to relocate yourself. "Oh eh..."

Since he was helping you walk, you had to stay close. He adjusted his hand at your side lower to not touch the wrapped injury, sliding down until he finally settled at your waist. Pulling you closer to him as a side effect. "Is that ok?", he asked. You nodded in response. The constant questions for your well being were overwhelming at first, but now a different feeling had settled. His concern was... cute. It made you feel special somehow.