Epilogue

Author's note:
Never think that you as a reader don't impact the author! This chapter was only possible due to the enormous support and kindness I have been receiving from you! It really fueled my want to write a last bit for this since a lot of you asked me how their life would be after all escaping the madness that was the foundation. Special thanks to a dear reader that has given me immense support for this fanfiction and huge inspiration for this chapter!
This will definitely be the last one, so hope you enjoy~

The sun stretched its warm rays across the wide green fields, inquiring the birds to start their morning chanting. You awoke to the gentle sound being carried over through the cracked window. A small breeze leisurely made the curtains sway and tickled your face. The sun perfected the scene by gently touching your skin.

You let out a fulfilled sigh and took in everything of that peaceful moment. A hand caressed your hair and you looked up into 049's softly smiling face.

The plague doctor mask was only a memory by now. He had, although hesitantly, agreed to stop wearing it, understanding the importance of laying low and that his attire wasn't the best disguise.

"Good morning.", he mumbled.
You couldn't help the tender smile forming on your face as well and nuzzled deeper into the covers and his cozy, familiar embrace.

"You're already awake", you giggled softly. It was unusual for him to still be in bed with you when he was not asleep anymore. He preferred to get to work as soon as he was conscious, coming back once you were awake to give you your needed cup of drink in the morning. He was an early bird. Luckily for you, you managed to train him off of getting up at unholy early hours.

049 hummed in answer.

"How long?", you asked, taking his hand intertwining his fingers with yours.

"Half an hour perhaps?"

"What?!" You looked at him with wide eyes.

"I did not want to wake you, since you laid on top of me.", he said softly, nuzzling you closer. Your heart melted. It were small things like these that made you love him even more.

"Oh you...", you cooed and gave him a peck on the lips.

He chuckled lightly and grabbed your waist to secure you in place half on top of him. "I know how much you treasure sleep."
He stole another kiss from you. It was over way too soon. You pouted. A smirk grazed his features as he caressed your cheek innocently. His thumb brushing over your bottom lip. Your lips parted in anticipation.

Teasing moments were rare for him. His half lidded gaze locked with your own needy one and finally he placed his lips on top of yours again. You returned the kiss just as passionately and relaxed in his arms.

--

Like this, you stayed for a while. Simply enjoying each others presence and warmth, listening to the wind and birds outside.

"How does a mug of your favourite drink sound?", he muttered into your hair.

"Not better than you staying here with me.", you mumbled, already dozing off again.

He chuckled and pressed his lips to your hairline as a parting gift. "Someone has to get up, work does not take care of itself."

You whined as he gently removed you from his warm chest into the less comfortable bed sheets.

"I'll be back in a second."
He bent down to whisper in your ear. "Je t'aime, ma chérie."

You flushed deep red at him speaking french with his god damn lovely voice. You hid your face in the pillows quickly. You had no idea what he was saying to you, but it just sounded so forbiddenly delicious and sweet. No fair exploiting your weakness like that!