Chapter 39: Warmth

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

"Tae?" Jeongguk called when he entered home, not having Taehyung hug him like usual. He places the bags in he floor, finding it very unusual that the house was quite.

"Baby?" Jeongguk says but gets no reply and panics a little. As he takes a step forward, the lights shut off, leaving the house in complete darkness.

Then again, before Jeongguk could say anything, he sees a faint light, then it grows. Jeongguk's heart leaps in is chest when he finally realises what's going on.

Taehyung has a cake in his hands, and candle is lit on it, making only Taehyung's face visible and a faint shine on the cake.

Taehyung has an ever so beautiful smile present on his lips. His skin perfectly glowing in the faint illumination.

And here I thought Taehyung forgot. Jeongguk thinks how stupid he was to think this.

Jeongguk stands rooted on the spot as Taehyung walks towards him and stops in front of him. The only light of candle making their eyes shine more.

"Happy Anniversary Gukkie." Taehyung whispers and Jeongguk breaks into a smile.

"Happy Anniversary baby." Jeongguk whispers back, eyes never leaving Taehyung's.

They both close their eyes, wishing for the more perfect future and open their eyes.

"Together." Taehyungsays and Jeongguk nods. Just as he candle goes of due their soft blow, the lights turn on but Jeongguk captures Taehyung's lips for a tender kiss.

Hoseok, Jimin, Jin and others appear, yelling and singing, popping the he confetti and dancing around the couple which is busy in the kiss.

Taehyung breaks the kiss and hugs Jeongguk, the younger lifts him up as the blonde giggles.

"I thought you forgot." Taehyung says and Jeongguk chuckles.

"I thought you did too but I guess we both were wrong." Jeongguk replies.

"How could I ever forget that day Gukkie."

"Me too baby." Jeongguk says and kisses him again.

"Come on, let's cut the cake." Hoseok says and everyone set up the table.

"I wanted to take you to dinner though." Jeongguk whispers as they walk towards the table.

"It's much more better to celebrate with everyone." Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

"Indeed it is."

They cut the cake, gifts were given to the couple and they had all the fun till late night. They drank, ate, joked and it was all Taehyung and Jeongguk could ever ask for.

In this whole year, everything turned out to be more then perfect for the two. Taehyung held his exhibition twice which was a huge success. Jimin and Yoongi got engaged are planning to marry this year.

Irene have birth to beautiful baby girl and Taehyung must say, he never thought he would see Bogum cry.

Haechan graduated and Lucas proposed him which Haechan accepted because it was obvious he has feelings for Lucas.

After every two weeks, Taehyung visits the orphanage which Jeongguk took him to. He immediately clicked with the kids and he kids loved Taehyung endlessly though it was just an orphanage, not an adoption centre or else they would've planned to adopt a child from here.