Chapter One

FIRST CHAPTER YAY :)

DISCLAIMER- i own nothing but the plot and am not affiliated with one direction, their friends, family, etc. any similarities to a particular event or situation is purely coincidental.

------

Louis' P.O.V.

Before him..before us..I had never felt,  well, alive, I guess. Of course I was alive, but I didn't know what it was really like to live. I lived a pretty normal life; school, a small job at the movie theatre, and interaction with my friend Amy and family. That was about it, though. My younger sisters, Lottie and Fizzy would all goof around with me, saying things like, "Hey, Lou! When are ya gonna swing a girl?" or "I can't believe Herman Dinklesby has a girl and YOU DON'T. What's the deal with that?" and it even got to the point where they'd try to set me up with girls from school or our area. ("Okay, she has a bit of a breath problem..but she's kind of cute, yeah? And she's single too! *wink*)

For a long long time, I wondered how long it'd last, them pestering me about being single, and eventually it stopped.

Not because I'd finally found the perfect girl.

I'd come to a slow realization during the summer before freshman year thanks to a curly haired boy with dimples and the most cheeky personality I'd ever known.

I was gay.

After fourteen years, it just came to me. I assumed it was a phase, I'd heard that people my age tend to go through it, but it couldn't have been. Not with me. The curly haired boy made me feel a way I never imagined anyone could. I can't explain it, but it was like I was flying through the clouds even though my feet were on solid ground.

He was able to make me laugh with his cheesy jokes and puns. Able to make me cry when he'd be dating another girl or guy and I thought for sure he'd chosen them over me. And, at the end of the day, he was able to make me fall harder for him with everything he did. When he smiled at me, or hugged me, or even something small like sharing half his sandwich..it all made me love him.

And I still do.

--------

*Harry's P.O.V*

He may think he hasn't taught me much, but..but he taught me right from wrong. And on those awful days when he was away and didn't keep in touch, well, it taught me to be strong.

Before him..before us..I didn't know what it was like to live a meaningful life. That makes me sound like I was selfish and lazy or something, but that isn't it. He just, he brought out the best in me. Even when I thought no one could.

I used to go from girl to girl to girl, trying to feel something. But one day, I woke up and realized that just didn't appeal to me. Turns out I was gay. Me, Harry Styles, notorious womanizer..was attracted to boys. I still remember the day. After showering and getting ready for school, I ran downstairs to the kitchen where my mom and was making breakfast, grabbed a piece of toast, kissed her cheek, and said, "Morning ma, I'm gay! See you later!" Then I left. It sounds pretty unbelievable and strange, but that's how it happened. I knew my mom wouldn't make a big deal of it ("Oh, thank God! Now there's no way you'll be getting a girl pregnant!" she said, relieved when we talked about it) and I didn't either.

I know some people tend to panic or have like, 80,000 questions racing in their minds when they realise they're gay, but I just didn't. I don't know why, but I don't think much about it. I remember making a choice to be content about my sexuality. I was still the same Harry, still awesome and charming with great hair.

And still full of myself, according to a lot of people.

Not much had changed after I was gay-except for the fact that about 90 percent of the girls at school were basically wrecked and cried for about a week or two. I gave them up, of course.

I started seeing boys that I'd meet at parties or somewhere, but nothing seriously. I didn't even think I'd had it in me to ever pursue a serious relationship with someone, but that all changed when I fell for him.

To most, it was a shock. God, I was surprised myself.  I had never been known to really fall for anyone. But over a very interesting summer vacation, a gorgeous boy with soft brown hair and an obsession with stripes changed everything for me.

He was perfect in my eyes. With his goofiness and big heart and ability to make me feel like the only boy in the world. His voice was smooth like velvet and every time we were together, he made me feel things. Like, really feel things.

Like love.

And even after all this time, I couldn't ever imagine being with anyone else. He's the light in my darkness and practically my other half, as cliche as it sounds. If someone would've told me a long time ago that I'd feel that way about someone, I probably would've just laughed.

But things change, for better or worse, I learned. And what I once thought was impossible really wasn't. 

I, Harry Styles, loved Louis Tomlinson. And at the end of the day when I closed my eyes to sleep, my mind and heart knew that he felt the exact same way.

------

hey everyone, i'm mikayla, the author of this fic :) i've tried writing a few other stories on here before, but they all basically sucked and were deleted..buuutt as a directioner, i think i've finally (hopefully) found my true calling with larry/1D fics! this is my first one and i hope you will like it. if you do, please make like a bass and drop (me a comment!).

omg i'm not even funny oops :p

anyway, i'm hoping that this third fic i've tried on here will be the charm! so please comment, vote, and all that..it's very appreciated! also follow my instagram (whatever.foreverrrr) if you'd like, i fangirl about one direction and other things :3

update coming soon! tysm for reading ♥♡

-iStartedNothing