Chapter Four

(Adrian's POV)

One thing I hate the most aside from homophobic jerks and snakes is waiting. I really hate sitting here waiting to see Dr. Marshall. I am grateful to have a best friend who doesn't mind sitting here with me. Sometimes I don't know what I would do without my best friend, Jane. She always knows how to cheer me up and how to make the time go by faster. She is the sister I always wished I had, unlike my real siblings she never judged me for being gay. She never once turned her back on me or looked at me with disgust. To her, I'm still the same Adrian she has always known.

Now, I just wished my family would just accept me, but no they can't and never will. Because if they could I wouldn't be here seeing a therapist every week. I don't understand how seeing a therapist is going to help change how I feel. So here I am, two years later and guess what I'm just as gay as I was when I first came out to my family. If they really want me to change, they are better off sending me to a gay to straight camp. So why do I still continue to come to these therapy sessions? If anything it has given me the chance to accept what I'm feeling and to see that it's normal to feel that way. Dr. Marshall has never looked at me with disgust or hatred like most people do, that is one of the main reasons I continue to see her. She is also easy to talk to. Sometimes you just need an adult you can talk to and trust. She is like the mother I wish I had, mine couldn't even bare to look at me, much less talk to me.

"So what are our plans for tonight?" Jane asks as I snap out of my thoughts.

"Um, I guess what we do every Friday night, pizza and a movie."

She frowns at me, she is still mad I ditched her last Friday night.

"Don't look at me like that. I promised I wouldn't ditch you again."

She still looks at me skeptically. I don't blame her, it wouldn't be the first time I broke a promise to her.

"Yeah that's what you said last time and look what happened." She deadpans, I roll my eyes at her, "Yeah keep doing that and they are going to get stuck that way."

I shake my head. I was about to tell her she is one to talk when I see Rick walk in with a guy I have never seen before. I would be lying if I say he isn't good looking. He has a thick mop of chocolate brown hair, he has beautiful tanned skin. He is taller than me; he has a lean body type. He dresses just like your average teenage boy. I watch as Rick talks to the guy before he sits down. I turn my attention back to Jane.

"Looks like Dr. Marshall has a new patient." I drawl.

Jane looks up from her book and looks at the new guy.

"Oh he is cute, so what do you think is his damage?" She asks.

We both look at him and he is looking at the floor. He just seems too normal to be here. This is the place for troubled teens or in my case teens who don't fit in with what everyone's standards are.

"Don't know, he seems too normal, maybe he is just a relative of Rick's and is waiting for him to get off." I say as I shrug my shoulders.

"Well I think I'm going to find out, but of course I will wait until you go in. Because you don't like to be left alone." She drawls.

I roll my eyes at her again. "Whatever Jane, we both know you're just going over there to hit on him. I see that look on your face. You think he is hot and you want a piece of him." I deadpan.

I take off my glasses. I really hate wearing them, but I had used my last contacts. I just hadn't had a chance to go get new ones, so for now I am stuck with them.

"Hey, I'm not going to lie. He is very good looking and I bet he has a great body. Kind of hard to tell with all those layers of clothes though." She sighs deeply.