Chapter Eighteen

(Adrian's POV)

I have my back pressed up against Jesse's chest as his arms are wrapped around me. I love it when he holds me like this; I could stay like this forever if it was possible. I run my fingers over Jesse's scars as I lie there next to him. I had spent the night again, but I found it hard to sleep. It is a lot to take in, but I'm glad he trusts me enough to tell me. I hate his mother for what she did to him. I always thought my parents were terrible for ignoring me but I can see that it is nothing compared to what Jesse's mother did to him.

But despise everything he has been through, he is still a sweet and caring guy. He didn't let a terrible thing turn him into a bitter person. I just hate knowing he is going to keep blaming himself for what happened to his little sister. From the way he speaks of her, I can see they were really close and that is why he is so hard on himself. If that wasn't the worst of our problems, soon we will have to wake up and get ready for school. I highly doubt Jesse's dad and aunt will allow us to miss school. I'm surprised they even let us sleep in the same bed, but I guess since they know Jesse told me everything it would be okay for us to sleep on the same bed.

I turn around to face him; he looks so peaceful while he sleeps. I caress his face as I smile thinking about how for the first time ever I told someone I love them. The best part is that he loves me too, now he is mine and I am his. All I can hope is that we will be together for as long as Jesse will have me. I never even told Hector I loved him, now that I think about it. I don't even know if I ever really did love him.

I move closer to Jesse and bury my face in the crook of his neck. I plant a small kiss on his neck as I breathe in his scent. I love the way he smells; it is so comforting. I sigh, going to school today isn't going to be great. I dread it. As soon as Hector sees me with Jesse he is going to flip. I am more worried about what is going to happen to Jesse. If Hector was able to get ugly with me and he claims he loves me, I can only imagine what he would do to someone he hates.

"I love you Jesse," I breathe in his scent one more time before drifting off to sleep.

"You know we don't have to tell anyone we are together if you're not ready." Jesse says as we sit in the car waiting for Jane.

It's not that I care what anyone would think about us being together, I only care about what Hector is going to do. "I'm just scared about what Hector is going to do when he sees us together. To know that you really do like me and I just turned right around to date you so quickly after I broke up with him."

He reaches out and caresses my face. "Hey, I'm a big boy and I can take care of myself, so don't worry about me. If anything I'm more worried about you, he has already hurt you once. I worry he might do it again, so promise me that you never go anywhere without me." He leans in and kisses me gently on my lips.

"I won't," I kiss him back as soon as Jane opens the door.

"Oh my god, it's about freaking time you two got together!" Jane squeals as she jumps into the backseat. "I really thought I would have to be nice to Hector, so when did all this happened?"

I let Jesse explain everything to Jane; he will be able to say everything without breaking down. I am glad he left out the part of Hector hurting me.

"Wow, he is so going to freak when he sees you two together!" She likes this too much, but then again she never liked Hector to begin with.

"Ugh must you remind us about that, I'm just thinking it might be best if we kept our relationship a secret. Just until things cool off with Hector and he forgets about me." I say as I start the car.

"Ugh ,you really know how to suck the fun out of everything don't you?" Jane pouts in the backseat.

I wish she would understand I'm not doing this to spare Hector's feelings. I am doing this so Jesse won't get hurt because of me. We arrive at school; Jane gets out giving me and Jesse some time alone. I so want to ditch. I just know that as soon as Hector sees me all hell is going to break lose.