Chapter Eight

(Adrian POV)

I watch as Jane walks outside with Jesse, I am so glad this night is over. I wasn't sure how much longer I could have put up with Jesse's non-stop annoying behavior. I walk up to her bedroom and wait for her to come back.

I sit on Jane's bed as I wait for her to say goodbye to Jesse. My mind goes back to Jesse, no matter how hard I try to push him out of my head, he just always seems to weasel his way back in. Ugh, to make it worse, he is your typical straight guy that enjoys tormenting the gay kid. The nerve of him flirting shamelessly with me. I hate guys like that. They just think they are so smug by leading on the gay kid, just for their sick amusement. I grab one of Jane's pillows, punch it over and over. I imagine it is Jesse's dumb smug handsome face. Ugh, dammit Adrian! He isn't handsome, you hate him, he is such a jerk, remember? Frustrated, I toss the pillow at the door, just when Jane walks in and hits her in the face.

"Ouch jerk wad, what the hell! Why are you throwing my pillows around?" Jane demands as she picks it off the floor and throws it back at me. I duck in time, "well, what's your deal?"

"Ugh, nothing, so is the spawn of Satan gone already?"

Jane raises her brow at me, "spawn of Satan?" she deadpans.

I roll my eyes at her. I know she likes Jesse, but I just don't see why she does.

"Jesse, is he gone already?"

"Yes, he is gone, hmm by the way I said we would give him a lift to school."

I groan. I really wish she would have asked me before volunteering me to be his personal chauffeur.

"You know it's rude to offer rides to other people, when it's not your car they are going in."

Jane sighs deeply.

"Besides I don't like him and frankly I don't want to even pretend to like him either."

"Why do you dislike him so much?" Jane questions me.

I snort, "Did you not see what he was doing at dinner?"

She cocks her brow.

"Are you honestly going to sit there and tell me you didn't see him flirt with me at dinner?"

"Really Adrian you're going to hate him for that?"

"Well yeah, you want me to be flattered that some dumb straight boy thinks it's okay to flirt with me for his own sick amusement? I don't think so Jane, if there is one thing I hate the most is being a butt of someone's joke. I get that enough at school. I don't need it outside of school too." I hiss.

I hear Jane sigh as she sits down next to me. She places her arm around my shoulders. "Adrian he doesn't do it to be mean, it's just harmless teasing. You should really get to know him before you judge him."

I roll my eyes.

"He really is a nice guy and it's not like he has ever told you or done anything rude to you."

I know she is right, but truth be told I am scared. What if he really is a nice guy, which would mean it will make it harder for me to hate him. Like I said before I don't need to fall for the straight guy. "I'll think about it, but I'm not making any promises."

Jane kisses me on the cheek and gets up from the bed.

I watch her as she goes through her movie collection; every Sunday night before going to bed we watch a movie. Today is her turn to pick out a movie and knowing my luck she is going to pick a horror movie. This means I am not going to get any sleep tonight.