Chapter Seven

(Jesse's POV)

God, what am I doing here? Ugh, I can't believe I let Jane talk me into coming over to her house for dinner. When I told my aunt, I was hoping she would say no on the count it is only my third day here. No, I was wrong, she was happy that I made a new friend and basically pushed me out the door, so now here I am, standing in the front door of Jane's house.

I think about just running back to my aunt's house and claiming I am not feeling well. I mean she will believe it right? Ugh, who am I kidding, she will see right through my lie. I don't want to go in there and meet Jane's parents. What if they think I am like her boyfriend, hell what if Jane thinks I like her? I mean I know she caught me checking out Adrian, but she never straight out asked me if I am gay. For all I know she thinks I'm bisexual and might think she has a chance with me. Seriously, what did I get myself into?

I take a deep breath and knock on the door. I wait for someone to open up, but no one does. I am about to knock again when I spot the doorbell. I smack my forehead, ugh, you idiot no wonder they didn't hear you. I press the button and wait, this time I hear movement behind the door. I am expecting Jane to greet me, but instead a little girl with blonde curly hair and bright green eyes greets me. She must be Jane's little sister, she almost looks like her minus the emo look.

"Hi, I'm Jesse, is Jane here?"

"Are you Adrian's boyfriend?" I chuckle and blush as I nervously scratch my head.

"No, I'm a friend of Jane's, who I'm assuming is your older sister."

The little girl nods her head.

"So what is your name?"

"I'm Amanda," she grabs my hand and pulls me inside. "Come on everyone is waiting for you in the living room."

I follow as she drags me through the hallway into the living room. I walk in to find an older man and woman sitting on the loveseat.

"Mommy, daddy look Jane's new friend, Jesse, is here." I walk over to them and shake their hands.

"Hi Jesse, I'm Zachary, but you can call me Zach." Jane's father says.

"I'm Carol," Jane's mother says.

"Nice to meet you all and thank you for having me over." I sit down in front of them.

"Not a problem, it's always nice to meet Jane's friends. Amanda go tell Jane and Adrian that Jesse is here." Zach says.

Amanda runs out of the room and up the stairs yelling Jane's name. Jane didn't tell me that Adrian was going to be here. After yesterday, I know I didn't really make a good impression on him. Yeah, real smooth Jesse, you idiot that's how you get a guy to like you.

"So Jesse tell us about yourself?" Carol asks me as I snap out of my thoughts.

"Um, well, I'm seventeen, a senior in high school. I just moved up here to live with my aunt, my parents are going through a divorce and things were getting tense between them. So my father thought it would be best if I came up here to finish my schooling."

They both nod their heads.

"Who is your aunt and do you have any siblings?" Carol asks.

"Emily Marshall and no, I'm an only child." The last part is a lie, but I just don't feel like getting into details with people I don't really know.

"Oh so that is how you met Jane and Adrian, well that's nice. Your aunt is just wonderful and she has helped Adrian out a lot. So are you excited to start at a new school?" Carol says.