Chapter Fourteen

(Jesse's POV)

We are sitting in Adrian's car after having spent the day together again. It's been over a week since we started getting close and I am the happiest I have ever been. I still don't have a clue on how to tell Adrian that I like him. Shoot, I'm starting to believe I might even love him. I love the way he laughs. I love his smile and I just love that we have so much in common. I just hate how I can never spend a Saturday with him. Saturdays are always for Hector, but I am hoping I can convince him to hang out with me next Saturday. Paranormal activity 4 is going to come out and I am hoping he will go watch it with me after us having watched the first three of course.

"So I had fun today like always." Adrian says.

We really didn't do much, but hang out. I think being with Hector and always having to do things with him in private can get boring.

"Me too," I smile at him and he smiles back.

To think when I first met this boy he would never smile and now I couldn't get him to stop even if I wanted to, which I don't. I never want to see him go back to sulking and frowning. He is fidgeting in his seat and reaches into his pocket.

"So um I was wondering if you would like this, you don't have to wear it. I just thought that since we have become good friends, almost like best friends if you would wear this matching BFF necklace."

He takes his hand out of his pocket and hands me the necklace. It is Jake from Adventure Time; I look at him as he pulls out the one he is wearing. His is Finn; I don't know what to say. Two weeks ago, he didn't even like me and now he is considering me his best friend.

"Of course I'll wear it," I put it on. "Thanks and I will forever cherish it." I smile at him. "So it's still early, you want to come in and just hang out some more?"

I'm hoping he will say yes. I don't want this night to be over. I don't want to have to sit in my room and have to wait until Monday to see him again. If you will just tell him you like him, then you wouldn't have to spend the weekend alone. But if I tell him and he doesn't feel the same way, I will lose him as a friend. I can't tell him just yet, I have yet to tell him about my past. Until I can tell him that, I have to wait.

"Yeah sure why not, you could make me dinner, since you didn't want to eat before the movie."

"If we ate before the movie then we wouldn't have room for popcorn and sourpatch kids." I say as I roll my eyes at him.

He shakes his head as we get out of the car and walk up to the front door. We walk in and find my aunt in the living room eating, I take a deep breath and it smells like someone has been cooking. That is weird on the count that my aunt can't cook.

We walk into the living room, "what are you eating there?" I ask as I look at her bowl.

She is eating what looks like spicy shrimp noodle. I frown, I know only one person who knows how to make that, but there is no way the person is here.

"So where did you order this from?"

"For your information I didn't order out, it was made here." My aunt states firmly.

I reach for a shrimp in her bowl and pop it into my mouth. It is the same one I have tried many times before.

"Hey son," I turn around and see my dad.

I smile as I run to him and hug him, god I missed him so much. I know it has only been a few weeks since I had seen him, but still it felt like a long time.

"I missed you son. I can see things have been better for you since coming here." He says as he looks me over.

I guess he can see the difference in me. His hand comes up to my ears and he looks at my pierced ears.