Chapter Seventeen

(Jesse's POV)

Waking up to Adrian in my arms is something I never want to give up. It feels right and we are meant to be together. Staring down at his beautiful sleeping face, I feel my heart swell with happiness. The only thing I don't like is the large hickey Hector left on Adrian's neck. I don't like it because I feel like he was trying to mark Adrian as if he is a possession to him when he isn't. I hate that Hector hurt him, but what I hate the most is that Adrian doesn't want me to go after him.

He is worried that I will get hurt and he believes he isn't worth getting hurt over. But he is wrong; he is worth it. I know I might get my ass beat by Hector, but I don't care. He is worth the ass beating I'm bound to get when he finds out Adrian is with me. I push back his hair as I plant a kiss on his lips. He moans softly as he smiles in his sleep. I think I could spend all day watching him sleep. I slowly move away from him. He stirs some before hugging one of my pillows. I smile one more time before I walk out of my room. I walk into the kitchen and start making breakfast. I am halfway done when my dad walks into the kitchen.

"Morning son," he says as he pours himself a cup of coffee. "So I can't help, but notice that Adrian's car in still in the driveway." He casually says as he sips his coffee.

I smile at my dad and go back to making breakfast.

"So is there something you want to tell me?"

"Um, nope. I don't think so dad." I say.

"So there is no reason why Adrian spent the night?"

I shake my head.

"You're really not going to tell me then?"

I chuckle as I turn off the stove.

"Okay, dad if you must know, as of last night Adrian and I are dating." I turn around and smile at him, he starts to laugh.

"So wait when did he break up with his boyfriend?"

"Yesterday, they got into a huge argument and Adrian told him he had enough."

"Wow, and then, how did you end up getting together?"

"Well, when he came over yesterday he told me about the argument he had with Hector. Apparently it was about me, Hector accused Adrian of liking me more than a friend. When I asked him if he did, he said yes and kissed me." I smile thinking about what happened last night.

"Well son I'm happy for you. You deserve to be happy after everything you have been through, so you told him about everything you have been through?"

I shake my head.

"Why haven't you?"

"It is just so bad, you and Emmy cried while I told you. I just know Adrian is going to be the same way. I just don't want to see him cry for something that has already happened. I don't want him to feel pity for me or see me as someone who is weak." My eyes start to water as my dad gets up and hugs me.

"Jesse what you went through doesn't make you weak, if anything it has made you a stronger person. Your mother is the weak one; she thought she could take all her frustration out on you. Just so she would feel better about herself." My dad says while he hugs me tight. "Do you like Adrian?"

I nod my head.

"Then, you have to tell him, I'm not saying you have to tell him today, but soon."

I know he is right, if I want this to work with Adrian. I am going to have to let him in even into my past that I wish I could just try and forget about.

"I know dad, I just need more time on how to explain it to him."

"I know son, but just don't wait too long. You don't want him to feel like you don't trust him. If you ever need help we are here for you."