Chapter Twelve

(Adrian's POV)

I feel surrounded by warmth; it feels good to be warm and not cold for once. To bask in a scent of something clean, fresh and woodsy. I open my eyes. I am in someone's arms, but they don't feel like they are Hector's. They can't be Hector's because I spent the rest of the afternoon with Jesse. I turn my head to see Jesse's face. I panic. How did I end up in this position? I think back to what we did last night, I had fallen asleep on Jesse. As much as I hate to admit it, it feels nice lying here in his arms. It feels right, but I know that once he wakes up it will all be over, because the straight boy never falls for the gay boy. I look up at him again.

I feel him pull me closer to him as he whispers something, "I'm so sorry Holly, please forgive me."

Who is Holly and why is he sorry? I really don't know Jesse at all and I feel like a jerk because I haven't taken the time to get to know him. He has been nothing, but nice to me. I have only tried to push him away, because I have feelings for him. I was a terrible person, his phone goes off. He must have set an alarm. I feel him move and release me. All the warmth I had felt is gone as he reaches behind him for his phone to shut it off. He looks down at me. I hadn't moved from next him. I didn't want to, it feels too nice.

"Good morning." He says as he yawns and stretches his arms out. "Sorry if you didn't sleep well. I didn't have the heart to wake you. Besides you looked like you were fine where you were." He smiles at me.

I love his smile; it is cute because he has dimples.

"No it is fine, so what time is it?"

I really don't care what time it is, but I knew we couldn't stay like this all day even if it does feel nice. I sigh as I sit up. Jesse does the same as he runs his fingers through his thick wavy chocolate brown hair. I bet it was soft and it would feel nice to just run my fingers through it. I shake my head, dammit Adrian stop it, you can't be thinking about Jesse like that. You're only setting yourself up for heartache.

"It's seven. I hope that isn't too late to wake up?"

Shit! We are going to be late now, by the time I get home, get ready, pick up Jane, and come back here for Jesse first period will have already started.

"Crap, we are going to be late. I still have to go home and get ready." I grab my shoes and slip them on.

"Get ready here; I can lend you some of my clothes. I know it's not really your style and they might fit you a tad bit big, but at least we won't be late."

It will be better than going home and being late for school, or is it the fact that I will get to wear his clothes; to bask in his scent for the whole day, not even Hector lets me wear his clothes?

"Okay sure that will be great."

Jesse smiles as he takes my hand, pulls me up and drags me up to his room. He throws open the door and releases my hand as he heads to the closet. I stand in the middle of his room and look around. One thing I can tell right off the bat is he loves to read. He has piles of books stacked around the room. I walk over to one of the stacks and pick up the book on top. It is one of my favorite's books; it is odd that Jesse has this book. It is mostly a book a girl or me would read. Jesse walks out of the closet and stands next to me with some clothes in his hands.

"You like the Fallen series?" I ask him as I hold the book out for him to see. He smiles and nods his head. "Here I thought only girls or me would read this." I place the book back onto the stack it came from. "So, I take it you like to read, that would explain why you are such a nerd."

He chuckles, god he has a sexy chuckle, and damn him with his dimples.

"Yeah, I have always been a bit of a nerd, my dad tried to get me to play sports, but I just could never get into it."