Chapter Nineteen

(Jesse's POV)

I am worried about Adrian; he has been acting weird all week. Every time I ask him what's wrong he tells me it's nothing to worry about. I think Hector got to him. He doesn't even like me touching him while we are at school. He keeps his distance, whatever is going on in his head Hector has to be behind it. We are in my room working on homework, he isn't talking much. Only talking when I ask a question about our work, it is frustrating me. He is my boyfriend and he doesn't want to tell me what is wrong with him.

I move closer to him on the bed, I pull him closer to me as I wrap my arms around his waist. He sighs as he rests his head back onto my chest. "What's wrong? Don't tell me nothing is wrong because I can see something is bothering you, so tell me."

He sighs as he puts his book down on the bed. He turns his head and looks out the window. "I want to break up with you." He whispers.

"No." I say as I turn his face towards me and place my hands on each side of his face.

He looks at me and I can see the tears building up.

"Adrian do you love me?"

He nods his head.

"Then, why do you want to break up with me?"

"Because I love you is the reason I have to break up with you."

It has to be Hector's doing. I should have noticed it when he joined us for lunch on Monday. His mood had changed and he seemed on edge.

"Hector said if I didn't get back with him he is going to hurt you, Jesse. I just can't risk it, he could be bluffing, but I just can't know for certain."

"No, Adrian. I just got you. I'm not going to let some douche that can't get over the fact his ex has moved on come between us. I worked so hard to gain your trust and to get you to fall for me, so no I will not break up with you."

He starts to cry again. "Please, Jesse. I don't want anything to happen to you because of me. I'm not worth it."

He gets up from the bed and turns away from me. I reach out and grab him by his waist and pull him back to me. He sits on my lap as I hold onto him as he cries. Hearing him cry is heartbreaking. He is crying because he thinks he has to give me up to keep me safe, but I am not going to let him go.

"Adrian, when I told you I love you I meant it, and you are worth whatever Hector has planned."

He pulls back and stares at me, I cup his face.

"Never for one moment believe you're not worth it, because you are. "

"Jesse, he isn't going to leave me alone until I go back to him. What are we supposed to do?"

"We are going to stay together and I'm going to go up to him tomorrow. I'm going to tell him he better back off because I'm not going to give you up without a fight."

"What if that doesn't work? It's only going to anger him more than he already is."

I know that, but I am not going to just hand Adrian over without a fight. "Then, I guess I'm going to have to get physical with him then." I can see the worry written all over his face, he is scare of how far Hector would go. "Hey don't worry about me; I have been through things that would make most people cringe. There isn't anything I can't handle. I'm more worried about you. If you were to go back to him and he just snaps at you again, next time that happens it might be worse. He just can't be trusted anymore Adrian."

"I know what could happen if I go back to him, but I can't let you get hurt because of me. Like you said you have been through things so horrible, why go through all this just to be with me?" He pleads as more tears fall.