two

madison's pov:

"Los Angeles?" i say, my bright green eyes widening due to shock.

"yes, i hope you're excited madison" nancy says, probably seeing the expression on my face.

nancy is the leader and or boss of the management I'm in, she's probably the kindest woman on earth, and even though she's 38 years old, she sure knows how to keep all of us 20 year olds happy.

"I-I'm just shocked to say the least" I admit, sighing accidentally. she notices and asks why I looked so bummed about this so called 'amazing opportunity'.

"i'm not bummed, I'm just shocked, I promise" I explain and she just shrugs it off.

but that was all lies.

going to LA for my modelling gig scares me, it's a chance for my heart to break again, it's a chance I'll see him, like I saw him on that night.

i slowly erase the heartless memory from my mind once I see layla running towards me with her big bright smile.

"i'm so excited mad's, we leave next week!" she says and I smile back, knowing that layla is coming definitely makes me feel a whole lot better.

my blonde best friend then goes on to mention that me-out of the other 30 girls that's on the same management- got picked to go and that I should be more happy about the offer.

"plus I get to see Grayson more" she almost squeals at the thought of her boyfriend.

a few months after me and the girls moved to New York, and ethan went to LA, Grayson realised he wanted to stay out there with his brother.

him and layla have definitely stayed strong, which I'm so happy about.

it's just weird whenever gray visits, since all I can think about is how ethan is doing, but I could never bring myself to text or call him.

as for brandon, he met a girl here, and even at 21 he proposed to her last month.

i see him regularly, not as much as what we was like in high school, obviously me with work and his busy love and social life too, his job is now at one of the finest restaurants in New York City.

"I get to see Grayson more..especially since we're leaving in two days" and as layla says that I almost choke on the iced coffee I was drinking.

"Friday?!" I almost shout as my eyes begin to widen again. why are we leaving so early?

"yes, nancy wants me and you to leave for this gig early, which is better for us since we'll get payed quicker" she nudges as I roll my eyes playfully at her.

"you are happy.. right?" layla asks and I just shrug.

"hey don't worry about going there okay? I'll be with you the whole time" she begins.

"and besides, you've never been, so please have fun" she almost begs.

___

"yeah, i leave in two days" i say as jamie and myself were sat on the couch of his apartment he shared with his best friend.

"guess you'll have to face having a week without me then" he says wiggling his eyebrows.

"shut up you dork" I giggle as I playfully throw a fluffy black pillow at his face, making him fall back on his back to the couch.

he laughed which then caused me to laugh, I swear this boy has the most contagious laugh ever.

"I should get going jamie, I need to pack for next week, but I'll call you" I say starting to stand up.

jamie leads me to his apartment door and when I stop he kisses my cheek.

"drive home safe okay?" He asks and I nod.

as I start to walk away he gently grabs my hand, making me turn around to see his beautiful face again.

"i really like you" he says and I nod. I didn't know why I didn't say it back, it didn't feel right.

like there's something missing, or there's too much of something there.

"goodnight jamie" i smile, walking away.i replay the awkward moment that just happened between us two over and over in my head.

and the question keeps appearing in my mind.

why can't I say it back?