eight

madison's pov:

i wasn't sure if i had enough cash for the driver but at this point i didn't care,it was the least of my worries.

the uber was taking me back to mine and Layla's hotel, and I couldn't wait to pack my bags and leave tomorrow morning.

i wish I experienced lots Angeles in a better and more fun way, but there was no doubt that I'd see him here.and I couldn't change that.

for crying out loud my best friend is dating his twin, and has been for the past three years.

and it's not exactly the fact that I didn't want to see ethan, I just shouldn't.it's bad for me and bad for my heart, especially when I still love him. even after he hurt me the worst anyone could.

"los angeles grand hotel?" the male uber driver asks. I knock myself out of my thoughts as I grab the dollars from my purse and thank him while exiting the vehicle. thanking god that I had enough cash with me.

I longingly make my way to the fifth floor, also trying to keep quiet since I figured allot of people would be sleeping at 1am on a Thursday night.

once I reached the white painted door I huff to myself while I switch the light on. The room lit up revealing the beds nicely made, the maids must have been in here today.

Idiot even bother to take my heels off before throwing myself on the big fluffy bed in the right corner of the room. I groan into the third pillow as I just wanted this to be over.

______

as my small suitcase was half full I grabbed a pair of sneakers and placed them inside, then hearing a knock on the door that connects my room to the corridor.I begin to walk over to the door, thinking it's layla forgetting her key card..again.

but when I swing the door open I immediately regret it.

there stood ethan with a sorry look on his handsome face. His brown eyes looked into my pair of green ones and he but his lip nervously.

"please don't shut the door" he says and I shake my head. "i wasn't going to" i reply, then motion my hands in a way to tell him to come in.

i close the door and spin on my heel slowly, due to the awkwardness in the room I didn't want to look at him straight away.

"i'm surprised you actually let me in" he laughs and I smile. "the feelings mutual ethan".

"despite the fact that you hate me-"
"i don't hate you, i could never" I muster, and that's the truth. no matter how much he gets under my skin, i could never actually hate someone i used to love.

he sits down on my bed and I sit next to him, now crossing my legs.i notice ethan now and again look down towards where my neck and chest is and I couldn't help but wonder what he was staring at.

"you kept it?" he asks.

"I've actually got you something" he says, pulling out a white box from his carry on he has on his back.

My eyes travel to the box in his hand and smile laughing.

"what did you do this time e" I say as he hands me the box.

I open the pearly white box, revealing what seemed like a beautiful silver necklace inside.

the letter that hung off the end was.

E

"This is so beautiful Ethan, I love it, I love you" I say.

Ethan places the silver jewellery around my neck then turns me back around.

"beautiful like always" he whispers kissing my forehead.

-end.of.flashback.-

the necklace he gave me seconds before he left.

"o-ofcourse I kept it" i say placing my hand on the letter that dangled from the end of the silver necklace.

"after all this time? you still have it? even after what i did to you" he asks and I look down and nod.

"i don't think I've ever put it back in the box" I say and he stays silent. I look away as the conversation got quiet but then he tells me to look at him, so I obliged.

"what did you come here for ethan?" I ask the question that had been bugging me for the past couple of minutes.

"i could tell what I did upset you tonight" ethan says and I nod as a reply. "and I swear to you mad's i-i wasn't thinking"

"obviously" I whisper and he sighs.

"ethan, tonight" I begin and he looks at me.

"tonight you really hurt me"

hope u love this chapter, ps you'll find out why happened on that night in the next chapter.