twenty-seven

three weeks later

madison's pov:

the day came around quickly. it's been three weeks since layla confessed to me that her and grayson was planning on moving in together.

over the last few weeks i've been helping her pack up most of her things, or selling what she wouldn't need.

and after today, i'll be living alone in our once shared apartment. and looking back at the memories we shared in the place we spent just over the past two years of our lives made me sad.

her moving to los angeles meant that she wouldn't be a part of my modelling team either. she's now going to be successful in the fashion world in los angeles.

but i'm happy for her.

she deserves all the happiness with grayson, and this brand new engagement.

lauren and jade; her girlfriend, drive all four of us to the airport where layla would be flying from.

and in minutes it will be the last time i'm seeing my bestfriend for a while.

"i love you layla, take care of yourself and gray" i whisper to her as i hug her close.

she pulls away and i notice visible tears that are streaming down both of our faces.

"don't cry mads, i promise i'll fly both you and lauren our as soon as possible" she promises me and i nod.

after saying her goodbyes to jade and lauren she left to catch her flight, dragging two suitcases along with her.

__

"you know you can stay at our place if you feel too alone" lauren suggests for the fifth time on the journey home.

"i know babe, thanks but i have a ton of online work to catch up with... i'll come and visit you tomorrow though" i answer and she nods giving me a sympathetic smile.

i thank them both for the ride and head back to my now lonely apartment.

i sigh as i shut the front door behind me and i kick my shoes off.

and after grabbing something quick to eat i check to see if i had missed any notifications while on my travels.

business emails flooded my lock screen and i smile. at least i'll be occupied without layla here.

but one text caught my eye almost instantly.

ethan;
i gotta tell you something

my eyes almost widen at the random text.

i haven't heard from him since we last kissed.

don't text him back madison.

it's only going to end badly like every time i talk to him.

but you still love him. my conscience tells me. which is nothing but the truth.

but love is a stupid thing.

opening my laptop i see what i was last looking at.

new apartments.

that can wait for another day.

i decide to ignore everything on my phone and watch a movie on my tv. hopefully to distract my mind from everything that's happened today.

__

i woke up to the sound of movie credits playing opposite me.

i fucking slept through the whole film. way to go madison.

rubbing my eyes i notice that it was dark outside and that i wasted yet another day.

i sigh looking outside to see the stars yet two knocks on my front door pulls me from my thoughts.

can lauren seriously not take the hint that i want to be alone. i laugh to myself.

my legs take me the the door and i yawn before grabbing the door handle.

opening the door while pulling at the sleeves of ethan's purple hoodie i stole my face forms a shocked expression.

"ethan? what are you doing here?"

__

i'm sorry this is one of the shortest chapters. + i hope you didn't mind the 3 week time jump.

don't forget to vote + comment.

love u and thanks for reading.<3