fifteen

madison's pov:

layla and grayson went to go talk to the police as i stayed here in my apartment with ethan.

i cleaned up the cuts and bruises that jamie left on ethan's face, guilt eating me up the whole time.

we sat on the staircase that attached my two story apartment together and he closed his eyes as i dabbed the cotton pad onto his face.

his hand was wrapped in a bandage, it looked swollen from when he punched jamie in the face.ethan screeched quietly in pain as i cleaned up his lip, stinging him of course. i sigh and look him in the eyes once he opened them.

"i'm sorry" i mumble under my breath and he shakes his head. "i don't know why you're apologising mad's" he says back.

"if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be in this state, so i'm sorry" i say and his eyes soften.

"madison, this is not your fault, the only person to blame right now is jamie" he pauses. ethan looks into my eyes, and softly grabs a strand of hair and puts it being my ear.

"he was hurting you, me getting hurt was worth helping you" he chuckles towards the end which makes me smile.

"well in that case then thank you, but i don't really understand why" i say and he looks confused.

"why what?" he asks softly grabbing my hand. i breathe out and hold his hand back. returning the gesture.

"why do you still care so much..about me?" i ask and if i'm right, he looks at me like i just asked the stupidest question.

"why wouldn't i care?" he asks and i shrug my shoulders. "i've done nothing but be a bitch to you, not letting you explain, always shutting you out" i explain.

"i deserved it, after everything that's happened" ethan says back.

"but do you want to know the main reason why i still care?" he asks and i nod, wanting him to tell me.

"madison, i still love you" is what i hear coming from his mouth.

i didn't know how to respond other than attach my lips to his, showing my love back.

my hands wrap themselves around his neck as his warm hands go to my back, as we're still sitting on the steps.

i hum in satisfaction as i feel him smile into the kiss, and then he pulls away.

i smile like a fool and he smiles back.

i rest my head on his shoulder. "i missed you e" i admit to him.

"i missed us" i hear him whisper.

-

"the police gave him a warning, but if he ever comes near us or me again, it's over for him, he'll be in prison" i explain to all three of them as we were all sat on my bed.

they all nod and i notice layla yawn, matching to gray. "you tired?" i ask them both and my bestfriend nods.

"it's been a long day" she replies and leans her head on grayson's shoulder.

"let's go to bed baby" gray says to layla, and before i know it, they vanish into her own bedroom.

it was just me and ethan, but surprisingly it didn't feel awkward at all. it's like we needed to be in each other's presence.

i laid on my bed trying to recap what had happened tonight. ethan asks me if i'm tired and i nod my head.

"i'll leave you be then mad's, i'll see you in the morning" he says and goes to open the door to my bedroom.

"where are you going?" i ask quietly, but he could still hear me. he turns around and says "i'm sleeping on your couch".

i shake my head and move over so there's room in my bed. "please just stay in here with me, after everything that's happened tonight i kind of want you here" i say shyly.

he nods and comes to lay down with me.

"let me change and i'll lay with you okay?" he asks and i nod.

in the corner of my eye i couldn't help but notice how toned and ripped his body is, i didn't want to look but i did. thankfully he didn't notice.

he takes off his hoodie, leaving him in his black sweat bottoms. and that's when i begin to change myself.

"do you want me to leave so you can change in private?" he asks. "i don't mind if you don't" i reply.

i take off the uncomfortable top i was wearing, along with my dark blue jeans.

i search for some leggings before i feel a different piece of clothing being thrown at me.

i look at the ground to see ethan's purple sweatshirt laying there. thrown by ethan.

i pick it up and look over to him, he was now in my bed.

"since i know you used to love this one" he says and then i remember. i always used to 'borrow' this sweatshirt whenever i stayed over.

"thanks" i whisper, now slipping on the purple clothing. then i jump in the bed, right next to ethan.

i rest my head on his bare chest as i feel him softly tracing patterns on the my soft skin.

i kiss his chest and look up to him, seeing a smile on his face. "ethan?" i ask and he nods.

i peck his lips once more before saying... whispering.

"i still love you too"