nine

ethan's pov:

"tonight you really hurt me"

that hurt, allot.i never meant to hurt her, tonight, yesterday or even on that night. i look back at madison, her now sitting on one of the single beds in the hotel room.

"mad's" i say loud enough for her to hear, but she ignores me. i decide to slowly walk to her and sit on the bed, but she turns her head.

"madison, come on" i say wanting her beautiful face to look at mine. "i can't" she whispers.

i ask her why and she just turns to me and gives me an 'it's obvious why' look.

"i can't sit here and listen to you apologise to me over and over ethan, because anytime you apologise i just remember why you're apologising and it fucking breaks me ethan, it makes me feel like i did on that night almost two years ago" she sigh, and if i'm right a tear falls from her emerald green eyes.

"don't cry, please" i beg and i wipe her cheek. and she actually lets me this time.

"you can't tell me not to cry when-" she stops.

"when the girl you brought tonight was the same girl i saw that night"

how did she remember?

i didn't say anything, but my face probably showed all of my guilt.

"so what's her name?" she asks. "the girl, the blonde girl that keeps making an appearance"

"selena" i say. "her names selena"

and she's right. she is the girl from that night i regret. i regret everything from that day. i messed up.

•two years ago•

madison's pov:
it's been two months and i still haven't seen ethan, i miss him more than i thought i would. it's actually crazy how much i adore this kid.

sure we've texted and called.

but it's not the same.i need to see him.

so here i am, walking off the plane that took me from new jersey right to la, just to surprise him.my ethan.

two hours later

i was finally dressed in his favourite dress of mine, and was ready to take him out to a restaurant. grayson told me that ethan was out and gave me his spair key so i could surprise him for when he gets home.

he should be here any minute.i'm so desperate just to see him.

after a few minutes passing by i hear the door unlocking and opening, then shutting.

but my heart stopped once i heard another girl's voice. not just a voice, moans and heavy breathes.

she moaned ethan's name, making my heart clench, soon enough breaking that he'd do this to me.

i wanted to scream, shout at him. but i couldn't move. shock had taken over my entire body and mind.

i soon hear ethan's voice. "fuck we shouldn't do this" he breathes. in between kisses.

"she doesn't have to know ethan"

she knows about me. and yet she still goes along with it. even if i don't know her, respect would be nice.

he doesn't reply. he just keeps kissing her.

i hear him pull away and speak again.
"but what a-about my g-girlfriend" he slurs.

is he drunk?

"like i said baby, she really doesn't need to know"

i hear footsteps come closer to the kitchen and that's when i know it.  i'm going to have to face this sooner or later.

"what the fuck is going?" i ask, my voice broken as tears come from my eyes, quicker than i wanted them to.

they pull away and both of their eyes go wide. and i hear ethan swear under his breath.

"m-madison?" he asks and i scoff.

"what the fuck are you doing ethan? it's been two months and you've already found someone else? what happened to you!" i now begin the shout. pouring my emotions out.

"nno yyouve got it all wro-ng" he slurs. i can't even speak to him properly because of alcohol.

"i've got it wrong? i fucking trusted you ethan, i even loved you, you promised" i sob and that's when he starts to walk over to me.

i push him away slightly. "don't you dare touch me, you've got someone else for that now" i begin to walk out of his apartment door.

"wait where-" he starts.

"we're over ethan, i mean it, don't try and speak to me, ever again"

and that's when i walked out.

crying my own heart out, over the boy i still love.

•end of flashback•

ethan's pov:

you know i regret everything from that night mads" i say and she nods. "i don't know if i could ever believe you, ethan"

"let me show you."

and that's when i catch her off guard.

her lips on mine.

-
sorry for any spelling mistakes