ten

madison's pov:

he started to kiss me. the familiar feeling of his lips upon mine was amazing. i kissed back, not meaning to.

i melted in the moment where his arms went to my waist and my hands crept their way to his cheeks.

but then i remember. i'm kissing ethan, my ex boyfriend and he's with someone.

this is wrong.

i pull apart and stare into hazel eyes lovingly. but then i think out loud. "this is wrong" i mumble.

i pull my hands away from his face and if i'm not wrong i see his expression drop. like he just lost something.

i stand up from the bed that we was sat on and place my hands on my head sighing. "we shouldn't have done that ethan, it's just going to make me miss you even more" i breathe out and he sighs.

ethan begins to walk up to me.

"please mads i-"
"no ethan, go, i-i don't want to go through the same heartbreak again" i say, not letting him finish his sentence.

i waited for him to leave, and after arguing for a few more minutes he finally listened.

leaving me in the hotel room lost and confused.

______

"i'm so glad we're back in new york" layla says while yawning slightly. i slept for most of the flight but she didn't sleep one bit.

i was still extremely tired though, it's been a hectic and long week for us both.

as we waited for our uber outside the jfk airport, i decided to ask her a question.

"so when's the next time you're seeing grayson?" i ask and she turns to me smiling.

"next week" she replies and my eyes slightly widen. "next week already?" i ask, surprisingly shocked.

"yeah and ethan's coming aswell" she says and my heart races. i want to see him but i know i shouldn't.

especially when jacob is taking me out tonight, but i need to tell him that i only want to be friends with him.

it's not fair on the guy if i lead him on, making him believe that i want the same as him.

maybe before la i would have said yes to being jacob's girlfriend.

but all i can think about now is..ethan.

______

"you look beautiful mad's" the handsome dark ginger boy tells me as i make my way out of mine and layla's apartment.

"thank you j" i reply to his compliment of my black two piece i was wearing.

this 'date' is what i've been dreading all day. sure jamie is an awesome guy, but he deserves to be with someone who is like him. someone who's comparable with him, and that's not me.

after he put the car in park, we reached the restaurant he was taking me to.

we was shortly lead to our table which was located in the far right corner, we're lucky we got a table since it's so busy here tonight.

______

the conversation flowed quit easily, which is usually the drill for me and jamie. that's why i think we're better as friends. and only friends.

jamie and myself was waiting for our pasta and pizza meals to arrive as he sipped on some non alcoholic drink that matched mine.

i thought.

i should just do it now. get it over and done with. before it's too late madison.

"jamie? can i tell you something?" i ask nicely. his blue eyes light up and nod. "of course" he says grabbing my hand from across the table.

i pull away awkwardly and apologise "please don't make this more difficult than it already is"

"make what difficult?" he asks, his eyes now turning from a baby blue color to a dark sad color.

he knows what i'm about to say.

"jamie i think we should just stay as friends" i say quietly, but i knew he heard.

"i just don't think we're right for each other..in that way-"

"are you kidding me mads?" he asks. his tone of voice was telling me he was angry. and upset of course.

"i'm sorr-" i begin before jamie stands up making a sound on the floor when his chair moves.

"i brought you here because i finally had the courage to ask you to be my girlfriend, fucking hell madison" he says his voice getting slightly loud.

"jamie calm down please, i don't want to make a scene" i say trying to not get people to stare at us.

"no madison, i'm not having this. it's ever since you went to la for a week and you saw ethan, did you sleep with him and turn into some stupid slut?" he says and that part broke my heart.

what happened to the sweet and innocent jamie i knew.

"what?" i ask in disbelief.

"i don't want to talk to you madison, i'm getting the fuck out of here, find yourself a new ride" he says throwing a ten dollar bill on the table for the drinks.

i look down embarrassed and ashamed as the elderly couple opposite me stared at me. the poor family that had two children sat there had to witness that happen.

tears erupted in my eyes making them glossy, as i shakily grab my phone from my purse to text layla.

after asking her to pick me up i look over to the old couple who were eating their food.the woman gave me a sympathetic smile and i smile back.

she says to me "don't cry young lady, you are so beautiful and deserve better" and it warms my heart that she would say that to a stranger.

i thank her and my phone lights up after waiting a few minutes.

from:lay; i'm outside, x