sixteen

madison's pov:

i was surprised when i woke up with arms wrapped around me, warm hands on my skin underneath the sweatshirt that was attached to my body.

i look down and smile. i definitely missed this.

i start to stroke his arms carefully with my fingers, feeling shivers erupt on both mine and his skin.

"you're awake?" i hear ethan ask behind me, since i was faced the opposite way. "i didn't know you was either" i whisper back turning around.

his hair was messy and his eyes looked tired, but he somehow always manages to look beautiful.

"good morning" i smile and giggle at his morning voice. "morning e" i say back.

i lean up and kiss his lips, eager for his touch, since we haven't had a moment like this in over two years.

i hear ethan hum into the kiss and i smile pulling away. only to be pulled back in by him.

my hands go to his neck and i feel him trace small circles on the skin of my waist.

i hear a knock come from my bedroom door and we pull away quickly. "come in" i shout, acting as if nothing jut happened.

"mads should me and you go get breakfast while the boy-" she starts before she notices ethan in my room.

"what's he doing in here?" she asks as if it's not obvious. i look at ethan and he smirks, i shake it off and begin to get some jeans on.

"yup, lets go, we can bring some back for the twins" i say in a rush and grab layla's hand leading her downstairs.

we reach the bottom of the staircase and she begins to laugh pulling me back slightly. "mads what's going on? you don't have to lie to me" she says and i smile.

"nothings going on babes" i reassure her. but she doesn't look one bit convinced. "i mean what's going on with you and ethan" she asks again, as i grab my car keys from the table.

"me and ethan are just really good okay, we made up and are good, that's it" i explain. "yeah and that explains why he was in your bed shirtless and his hair messed up huh?" she teases.

"okay we didn't sleep with each other.. in a sexual way, but we kissed okay. can we leave now?" i almost beg and she rolls her eyes.

"well i'm glad both of you are good" she starts as we're heading out of the apartment door. we start to walk down the hall and then she asks me.

"is he still a good kisser?" she says wiggling her brows. i scoff while laughing and shake my head.

"honestly..better" i reply and receive a smirk from my blonde best friend.

______

we were waiting in the long line for our coffees and layla was replying to emails on her phone, i notice a text come through.

ethan;
where are you? i miss u already ugh

i laugh to myself and begin to type back to this handsome boy.

madison;
clingy much? we're just getting the drinks, will be back in 10

ethan;
you promise? i'm bored.

madison;
i promise ethan.

______

by now, we were back at our place and finished eating breakfast with the boys.

i was sat on my couch while ethan made himself a drink in my kitchen. grayson and layla were doing god knows what upstairs but that's none of my business.

"let's do something tonight" i hear ethan say as he walks back to the couch making my eyes wonder from my phone to his eyes.

"what kind of something?" i ask sweetly. ethan looks at me and pushes a stand of my black hair behind my ear.

"anything you please mads" he says making me blush. "okay" i whisper.

ethan begins to lean in, as do i, but we're distarcted and pulled away once we hear grayson's voice appear in the room.

"layla and i are going out tonight, you two will be alright here right?" he asks as if it's not my own apartment.

"we're not eight gray" i say, earning a laugh from ethan as he looks at me.

"i know, but it might be awkward between you-"

he gets cut off by ethan. "we're good gray, i'm going to take mads out tonight anyway" he smiles. and that's when grayson finally takes the hint.

grayson walks back up the stairs, i presume to get ready with layla. and that's when ethan turns back to me.

"drive in movie theatre?" he's asks me. i nod in excitement "there's one just outside of new york, it won't take long to get there" i say and peck his lips softly.

i know kissing him all the time won't help me in anyway. for goodness sake he's still got selena. but i can't help it, he's like a drug.

him offering to take me to a drive in means so much more to me than he knows. i remember going with him back in new jersey when we were teenagers.

it's like we are rewriting our story.

but hopefully this time.. everything will work out like i want.

______

how's everyone liking the sequel?