nineteen

madison's pov:

layla and grayson stared at us both smiling and i gave them an odd look. i turn to ethan and he shrugs his shoulder.

"what are you guys doing?" i ask as both of their faces light up with excitement.

"we've got something to tell you" layla says and they sit on the big couch with ethan and i.

i tell her to go in and she passes me her hand.

"we're engaged!!" layla excitedly says, now showing off the ring on her finger.

i gasp as my hands find their way to my mouth. i jump onto her and give her the biggest hug is ever given anyone.

"congratulations oh my god" i exclaim pulling away and i hug gray.

"this is crazy" ethan says smiling, obviously happy for his brother.

"how did this even happen?" i ask more towards layla.

"on our date tonight, we celebrated there years together, but grayson took us to this beautiful private restaurant and that's where he asked me, mads i'm so happy" she says almost tearing up.

"i'm so happy for you both, i love you guys" after i said that we all hugged.

who knew they'd be ready at 21 years old to think about marriage, but it's not surprised.

they really are in love.

and i wish to have the same in the future.

______

"okay so who's driving?" layla asks us. i shake my head and tell her that my management arranged an uber to pick us up.

"when's it arriving?" ethan asks walking from the kitchen to meet layla, grayson and i in the lounge.

"around 10:30,it's 10:20 now" i reply and they all nod.

i go to sit on my couch as i slightly struggle to tie the laces of my shoes up. i groan to myself and then there's a persons presence in front of me.

ethan grabs the white laces and begins to so them up for me, i on the other hand doing the other foot.

"i can do it you know" i smile at him and he shakes his head. "looks like you were struggling to me babe" he says.

babe. i missed that.

i blush and smile before layla and grayson walk hand in hand i to the room. "our ride is here" she announces before we all leave the apartment.

______

"i still can't believe you and gray are engaged" i say smiling and admiring the diamond that was stuck on her finger.

"it's insane right?" she asks and i laugh. "i heard my name?" grayson asks from the front of the car.

"it's nothing babe, don't worry" layla reassured him and i smile at her.

"your turn soon" she nudges me and i give her a weird look. she cannot be serious right now. i laugh and shake my head.

"and why's that?" i ask and she rolls her eyes at me. "you don't think i haven't noticed you and ethan?" she asks and my eyes widen at her to shut up. ethan was right next to us.

"what? doesn't mean we're getting married lay, he's not even my boyfriend" i say looking back down at my lap.

"yet" she teases and i push her slightly.

it took longer than we expected to get to the venue that nancy had booked for me, but we got there at around 11:15.

______

i had met the photographers an hour ago, and was currently getting my makeup done by my makeup artist.

layla and graysondecided on exloairing the mansion that the company had rented out for the day, so ethan stayed with me.

"you look beautiful you know" i hear him say from beside me. my makeup artists had left the room to make a phone call so it was only him and i in the room.

"thank you e" i say blushing, but he didn't notice. "you know this feels right?" he asks me holding my hand.

"i know e, i missed it, but baby steps is the best way right now" i say to him and he nods agreeing.

"i'm going to get us some food, will you be alright?" ethan asks starting to stand up.

"of course, i'll see you soon" i say after he pecks my lips, now leaving the white room.

______

@madisonpalmer; so blessed to be the new cover of the herring & herring magazine this month, ☁️ hope u love it

[comments]

@ethandolan: holy shit😍😭