twenty-six

madison's pov:

i looked at the time on my phone since i still couldn't sleep at all. ethan hadn't noticed that i crawled into his bed and it was almost time for me to leave.

4:15am, our ride was picking us up from the twins' house at 4:45.

i don't want to leave.

i take my arms away from around ethan and head out of the bed. i find one of ethan's purple sweatshirts on the floor and secretly take it.

i put it over my body and turn back to face ethan. his eyes closed, hair messy, and his bare chest on show.

i walk over to the side where ethan was laying, bending down to press a delicate kiss onto his cheek.

"i love you ethan, bye handsome" i whisper and stoke his hair lightly, trying not to wake him from his slumber.

i could feel my eyes become heavy, and tears were brimming in them.

not wanting to cry, i turn around and begin to walk to the bedroom door.

before reaching the handle i feel a grip on my wrist; instantly making me turn around.

there was ethan, standing in front of me with a frown plastered on his beautiful yet tired looking face.

"don't go" he croaks out and i sigh. "i have to ethan" i answer back.

the sad expression on his face made me want to break down and hug him forever.

but i can't.

"no you don't, and i know you don't want to either" ethan tells me. he steps forward and reaches for both of my hands with his.

"no, but it's what she wants ethan, your life is going to change and i can't stop that from happening" i reply and look down.

i feel the tears start to flow down my cheeks and he notices. "i love you, please don't cry baby" he says, his hands go to cup my cheeks, now wiping the droplets away.

"i love you too, i'm sorry but i have to leave ethan" i sadly say and he finally nods.

"can you kiss me, just one last time?" ethan asks and i nod. he leans in and attaches his soft lips to mine.

my hands go around his neck and his lay on my waist. he pulls me closer causing a breath to escape my mouth, ethan's tongue meets mine, now creating a make out.

his lips fit with mine like they were made for eachother. and after a few short kisses more, i pull away.

"fuck, i don't want to let you go" he mumbles. "i know, i'm sorry ethan i love you" i say and he lets go of my waist.

as i'm walking to the door again i hear him whisper softly. "i'll miss you".

and that was the last i heard of him.

_

we got back to new york three hours ago. and i was extremely tired and drained from the past 2 days.

the uber dropped us off after dropping lauren back to her place.

layla has t asked me about the whole ethan situation, and if i'm being honest... that's the best for everyone involved.

but she was being more quiet than usual.

"layla what's wrong?" i ask her, we were both sat on my big fluffy blanket on my bed.

we were both led down and i finally faced her. she looks anxious, or even nervous.

"i need to tell you something mads, i just don't want you to be upset with me" layla admits and i nod.

"trust me layla, after everything that happened his week i don't think-"

"i'm moving in with grayson" she rambles out and i stop talking.

i know this was coming, so i shouldn't so surprised. but i am.

"mads, i'm sorry" she says. i shake my head and smile. i have to be happy for her.

just because my love life is in a state, it doesn't mean she can't carry on with her's.

"layla i love you, and i'm so happy for you and gray, it's okay... i promise" i say and she instantly smiles.

after i hug her i ask her a question. "when do you leave?" i ask curiosity filling my mind.

"that's the thing... i leave in three weeks".