twenty

ethan's pov:

it's now saturday which means that it's also the day that gray and myself head back to la.

this past week with madison has been a journey to say the least. at the start of the week she didn't want to know me.. now, i've even admitted that i still love her.

i really want to be able to call her mine again. i miss her calling me her boyfriend all the time.

but i don't want to pressure her into anything, we shouldn't move too quick.

but we've never been good at taking things slow.

madison was currently driving us all to the airport, i read 11:23 am on my phone. and our flight departs at 1pm.

we see the familiar signs for the airport and not too long after we all reach out of the vehicle to say our goodbyes.

madison hugs my brother as i say goodbye to my now future sister in law.

it's still weird saying that.

after a couple minutes passed by i walk up slowly to madison and wrap my arms around her small figure.

"you know i'm going to miss you" she whispers into the crook of my neck.

"trust me i know mads" i reply and she kisses me softly on the skin of my neck.

"i hate goodbyes" she says in a sad tone. i sigh and pull away from her, now holding onto her soft cheeks.

"trust me mads, i'm not gonna be gone for long, i'll fly you out soon" i say and kiss her forehead.

i notice a tear slip from her eyes but i wipe them away. "please don't cry" i say.

"it's just last time-"she starts but i shush her. "i'm not letting something like last time happen again".

i kiss her lips slowly and then we pull away after a couple of seconds. "i promise" i whisper.

__

madison's pov:

"okay now that we're alone" layla begins as we sit on my bed and i groan, i was too tired to talk about any of this.

"what now?" i ask her and she gives me that 'seriously' look.

"ethan, you, ethan and you" she says and i roll my eyes, her i blush at the thought of him.

"so you guys are definitely a thing again now huh?" layla asks me. "honestly i don't know what we are, but i know that i definitely still love him" i say and if i'm right i hear layla squeal.

"and" i begin but the door cuts me off as we hear two loud knocks coming from down the staircase.

"do you want me to get it?" layla asks already standing up from my bed.

"i'll go with you" i stand up and we both walk towards the staircase that leads to the front door.

i open the door hesitatingly and smile widely when i see the girl standing at our door.

"lauren what the fuck" i say excitedly and bring her in for the longest hug. it's been too long since we've seen her.

"i've missed you girls" she says as she's now hugging layla.

i shut the door and lead us all to the couch. "why are you here?" layla asks.

"well first of all i haven't seen my favourite girls in a few weeks" she starts.

"it feels like months" layla whines and i agree with her. "and second of all, i knew the twins were in town".

i mentally fa e palm myself, wishing the twins had stayed here for longer.

"lauren, we took them back to the airport this morning" i admit and she sighs.

"that's a shane, i haven't seen them in a while" she bites her lip. "hey don't worry, we're probably flying out there sometime next week.. you should join us" i says and she nods.

"and speaking of the twins, are you and ethan good now?" she asks me. the amount of times i've been asked this.

"yes,.. actually amazing" i say blushing and she was just as happy as layla.

"and you? lay let me see that rock on your finger" lauren says happily, reaching for layla's hand and admiring the diamond.

"it's beautiful" she says and makes a face in adoration. "i can't believe my best friend is engaged" she says and hugs her again.

"i can, it's obvious that they're crazy about each other" i say and we all laugh.

my phone vibrates and i see that i received a text from ethan.

ethan:
missing you already beautiful

madison:
miss you more,
can't wait i see
you again e

ethan:
it will be soon, all
i wanna do is kiss and
hug you

i blush and the girls notice.

"i'm guessing that's him?" lauren teases sipping on her drink. i nod and reply one last time.

"girl, you're fucking in love" they both say.

__

okay this chapter sucks
and i'm sorry