Confidence

Kirishima's POV

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?" Mina said anger seeping through her words. "I've just met you, yet I can TELL you're not a coward. Why the HELL would you think that?" Kirishima looked at the ground, with a sad smile in his features. "When..." he started, "When you said he was interested in guys, you said it like it was something everyone knows. I'm not everyone. No one wants to be friends with me and I've accepted that even though I'll probably never know what I'm doing wrong... today was the first day in a few years that anyone who isn't a teacher has talked to me."

Mina's eyes widened with horror at the statement. "Really...?" Kirishima nodded. "I had no idea... well, I want to be your friend! You seem really cool and I already ship you with Blasty over there so might as well say it! Will you be my friend Kirishima?" she said with a smile. Now it was Kirishima's turn to look shocked. His face then burst with bright, pure happiness. "Of course! I want to be your friend too! Mina, right?" She nodded and they both started laughing! Then her face went serious.

"But hey... you gotta have more confidence in yourself okay? You seem really nice, and like a naturally happy person. I want you to be confident it yourself okay? Don't just be calling yourself a coward like that. You have people who care about you. We'll hang out tomorrow at school okay? Be happy, because tomorrow's Friday!" she said, inspiring Kirishima. "Okay!" he said with determination. "See you at school!"

He turned around to wave before running off laughing and smiling like an idiot to himself as he ran home with tears of joy.

Bakugou's POV

He turned around the corner on his skateboard away from the blushing Kirishima.

He made the turn then got off the skateboard and let himself fall against the wall with a sigh. He placed a hand over his mouth, eyes wide, his face burning a bright red. He already knew this boy would be the end of him. He chuckled into his palm and immediately mentally slapped himself.

Oh, fuck. I fucking GIGGLED. I'm screwed.

he thought as he smiled at the ground, hugging his knees. Then he heard Mina and Kirishima getting acquainted then started to regret listening. He heard Mina telling Kirishima he was gay and he cringed with embarrassment. Kirishima already knew he was gay... right? There was silence. Had he not known? Was he discovered listening? What was happening??

He had to know. He peeked his head to see Kirishima blushing fiercely with eyes popping out. Then he saw Kirishima and Mina having a conversation he wished he hadn't heard. He wished he had just gone home, proud he made Kirishima all flustered. But no, he just had to sit down because he was so happy then totally eavesdrop.

Then he heard Kirishima call himself a coward, looking at the ground, tears there but not falling. It took all of Bakugou's strength not to go over there and hug the bastard yelling at him telling him just how much he was worth to this world. How much he was worth to Bakugou.

Then he heard Mina yelling at him, he heard them becoming official friends, and Kirishima running off, smiling and laughing as he ran off with happy tears going home. Bakugou tilted his head and smiled at the sight. The cutest guy he had ever seen running off into the sunset, smiling with a practically radiating glow. He burned the image into his memory so he would have it forever.

After Kirishima was out of sight, he started his way home. Tomorrow was going to be great.

Kirishima's POV

Kirishima woke that morning with a new found confidence in himself. Today he was going to school happy. Today he was going to hang out with his friends. Was Bakugou his friend though? He had never really specified so he thought it was best not to get his hopes up. He was going to see his friend Mina today.

He changed into ripped jeans and his favorite red hoodie that said "Crimson Riot" and came to the kitchen with a smile etched into his features. His mom complimented his attitude and he ate then left for school. He listened to his earbuds as always as he walked to school. He listened at full volume as he casually walked hunched over a bit with rhythm in his step.

He was a few minutes away from school when one of his black and green earbuds was pulled out of his ear. He turned to the source in shock hoping it wasn't another bully like he had to deal with awhile back. His face must have looked scared half to death because he stopped in his tracks to see the person.

Oh. It was Bakugou.

Bakugou had a worried look on his face and said "Sorry did I scare you? I didn't mean... whatever. I called you a few times and came over since you couldn't hear me. How loud is your music?" he asked. "The loudest" Kirishima confirmed, with an obvious smile of relief. He took out his earbuds and started to walk to school with the blond. "Huh... I guess our houses are close. You walk to school too?" the blond shook his head and gestured towards the skateboard in between his torso and his arm. "Nope, I ride." he looked like he wanted to ask about what happened earlier but chose not to say anything.

The next few minutes they walked to school, they talked about what classes they have together (they had every class together and Bakugou said he regretted not talking to Kirishima), and about music. They shared a love for a lot of artists, including the band Green Day and Bakugou looked genuinely excited about them as he held up his black hoodie with a skull on it to show Kirishima the shirt he was wearing that showed the album cover of American Idiot.

They arrived at school with matching smiles but the second they saw people Bakugou went back to his usual scowl and Kirishima went back to his usual sarcastic or monotone expression. Bakugou commented on this "You look better with a smile, Shitty Hair" he said with a smirk as Kirishima got quickly flustered but only for a moment before looking the other way and saying "Whatever, Blasty." They both chuckled.

They went through classes and talked about upcoming tests and what to study. When they weren't allowed to talk they passed secret notes because Kirishima sat behind him in every class. Then it was the time of day Kirishima had been dreading. He hated sitting alone at lunch but he was used to it. Would he sit with Mina and Bakugou? Ugh... he shouldn't even try. He should just act like its any other day, but he couldn't help but feel happy that people are talking to him, and not telling him he's worthless.

The bell rang for lunch. He bought his lunch and started slowly walking to the grass area he always went to. He sat down on the little hill, content with his surroundings. He was so far from everyone at school he couldn't hear them anymore. The view was breathtaking with blue skies, a few clouds, and a cool breeze was blowing through his dark hair as he sat on the grass in the shade under the only tree on the hill. This was where he always ate because he was always alone. If he was going to be alone, he wanted it to at least be quiet and peaceful so he could enjoy the view. He was enjoying the peace and quiet, looking out at the trees blowing in the wind when he heard footsteps on the grass. Were the bullies back? What did he do wrong? He continued eating when the footsteps stopped. He looked up to the people to see who was there after he swallowed and his eyes widened at the sight.

Bakugou.

It was Bakugou standing to his left holding his lunch, diagonally behind him to his left was Mina smiling and waving, to her right behind Bakugou it was who he knew as Kaminari, and next to him on his right, it was who he knew as Sero. They all had impressive looks, quirks and as far as he knew, personalities. Why were they standing right next to someone like him?

Bakugou was the first person to move after the few minutes of Kirishima's silent shock. And apparently, it showed on his face because as Bakugou sat to his left, Mina sat to his right and said "I told you we'd hang out today! Why didn't you come to find us? You must have known I meant lunch right?" she looked at him curiously. "Uh... n-not really..." he said still shocked there were people actually there. Kaminari and Sero sat next to each other in front of then as Mina and Bakugou scooted a little so they were forming a circle. Kaminari and Sero held out their hands as Kaminari said "Hey! I'm Kaminari Denki, but call me Kaminari. It's cool to meet you Kirishima!" Sero added "Yeah, after Mina said you actually got Bakugou smile we had to meet you-" he was cut off by an angry Bakugou with his blasts yelling "DIE!!" as everyone laughed. Including Kirishima.

---

A/N

Hey guys! I just wanted to say that if you want to, you can follow me on Instagram! My acc is @fairyboy_doodles and I post fanart! So check it out if you want. See ya next chapter!