The Letter

Bakugou's POV

Yesterday, they had been playing games, drinking hot chocolate and having fun even with the knowledge that their acceptance letters to UA would be coming in the next day. Now it was the next day. And Bakugou was fucking terrified. 

Sure, he had always bragged about his quirk and said that he would be the number one hero, but what if he didn't get into UA? Then what? All of the top hero's went to UA and if he didn't get in... but the number one hero thing wouldn't even be his biggest problem. 

Kirishima would.

If he didn't get into UA... he wouldn't see Kirishima again. He said multiple times that he would always be there for Kiri, but if he didn't get into UA when would they really see each other? They wouldn't. He said that even if they were separated, he would find Kirishima again even if it took years. He meant it. But he just hoped that they wouldn't have to part in the first place.

Since it was a Saturday, the whole Bakusquad would bring unopened letters to his house and open them together. Of course, everyone in their class had applied to UA, and even though he always said that they were just "extras" and such he actually thought they had a lot of potential.

It was just about 4:00 pm, which was when they were supposed to come over, and he was holding the letter he had gotten only a few hours earlier. It would be an understatement to say that he was fucking nervous as hell. Bakugou Katsuki didn't worry about these types of things, and he did have backup schools. But he was scared. Not like he would admit that or anything.

Mina came first, with Sero in second. Kirishima coming in after, which calmed him down quite a fucking bit, and Kaminari coming last. Apparently, he had gotten lost even though he lived close by. Everyone laughed at his expense, but he joined in the laughter himself. 

Bakugou hadn't let the letter out of his hands all day and it was a bit bent at the sides because he refused to let it out of his sight for hours. But he had finally let it go it was when everyone had put their letters in the middle as they sat in a circle on Bakugou's bed. He could tell that Kirishima was nervous too but he wouldn't question him about it after what he had pulled the day before.

He had started crying- fucking crying- in front of him and didn't give him a proper reason why. The reason was that Kirishima was precious to him. Even though he was in middle school it didn't matter.

Bakugou Katsuki was in love with Kirishima Eijirou.

The kindest, most loving, caring, beautiful, brave, loyal, strong, and amazing boy he had ever met and would ever meet. He knew he would never feel the same way towards anyone the way he felt towards Kirishima. 

If he didn't get into UA, he didn't know what would happen. The future was fucking scary.

They all had their letters in a pile and Mina picked hers up after some well-deserved silence.

She read allowed as she looked at her letter,

"Dear Mina Ashido, glad to inform you that you have been... accepted into Yuuei, Class 1A!!!" she exclaimed. Everyone smiled and clapped and cheered for their friend. Even Bakugou looked her in the eye and said congratulations with a small smile. Of course, he fucking knew she would get in. She was strong and had guts.

Kaminari bravely picked up his letter next and said, "Dear Kaminari Denki, it is with great pleasure that you have been accepted into Yuuei in Class 1A!"  he smiled the brightest smile Bakugou had ever seen him smile and everyone repeated almost the same congratulations to the rip-off Pikachu.

Sero picked up his letter and read, "Dear Sero Hanta, we are happy to inform you that you have been accepted into the Class 1A of Yuuei!!" his smile was bright as ever as everyone cheered and he jumped and hugged Kaminari, both smiling with tears in their eyes. Mina, Kirishima, and Bakugou looked at them with matching smiles.

Kirishima's POV

Kirishima was more scared than he had ever been before. This was his letter from UA! What if he didn't get in!? 

He looked at Bakugou, and when he saw Bakugou's expression he immediately calmed down. Bakugou looked him right in the eye with an encouraging smile. Kirishima smiled right back.

He took a deep breath and picked up his letter.

"Dear Kirishima Eijirou..." he read out loud, "it is..." the suspense was killing the group but they let him continue.

"it is our honor to inform you that you have been... accepted into Yuuei, Class 1A..." he finished trailing off. His friends around him hugged him. Bakugou looked him in the eyes with tears and a proud smile.

"I knew you could do it." Bakugou said softly. Kirishima smiled back.

"Bakugou..."

They hugged and Bakugou kissed all over his face, wiping away a few happy tears.

"Thanks for believing in me."

Bakugou smiled again.

Bakugou's POV

Bakugou was last. This was it. This was the moment. Bakugou was fucking terrified and he had a right to be, but it was now or never. And he had hope after being so proud of Kirishima's success.

He took the letter, opened it, and started to read.

"Dear Bakugou Katsuki..." he read loud and clear with as steady as a voice as he could. 

"we... regret to inform you that your application to Yuuei High School has been..."

a pause,

"denied."

There was a deadly silence. Not a sound. Bakugou didn't realize he was crying until he looked up and saw tears rolling down Kirishima's face as well. Mina silently cried, Kaminari had tears in his eyes and Sero was solemnly looking at Bakugou trying to hold back tears.

They all looked at him as he stared back at his letter. A tear fell onto the word "denied."

The tears fell harder.

After what seemed like forever, Kirishima broke the silence by saying one word, so quiet he wouldn't have been heard if it wasn't so quiet in the room. 

"Katsuki..." Bakugou let in a shaky breath. 

Everyone left eventually. Not saying a word. No words needed to be said. He understood.

Kirishima looked at him when everyone was gone. Kirishima wrapped Bakugou with his arms in a death grip. Holding on so tight, like nothing mattered more... 

They sobbed into each other's arms, not unlike when Bakugou had first started sitting with him and had beat up some longtime bullies. 

"Eijirou." Bakugou's voice broke at the end, no matter how much he willed it not to.

Eventually, Kirishima went home too.

Bakugou was 

alone.

---

It's not over. Not yet... 

also PLEASE STOP YELLING AT ME thank you.